Register now to get rid of these ads!

T roadster subrail question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ADReese, Oct 20, 2010.

1. ADReese

ADReese
    from spokane

Does anyone know where I can find a pair of the front subrails that hold the toeboard? The car is a 26-27 roadster. The ones in my car were removed in the past and I would like to put them back in. Are they being reproduced? I haven't had much luck finding them. I borrowed these pics to show what I am looking for. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. -Brent-

-Brent-

The pieces Mac's offers don't look anything like them. I'm assuming you've looked all over. There's a local guy with bits and pieces of one who I got a few A parts from. I'll see the condition of his stuff and let you know.

From Mac's...
    [​IMG]

Edit: I just spoke with him and he said the pass side is missing and the driver's side has rust through at the bottom. I'll keep my eyes peeled though... sorry for being no help.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. ADReese

ADReese
    from spokane

Thanks for looking Brent, it seems like no one makes em new as far as I can tell. Let me know if you run across anything. I would also like to find a nice stock firewall if you happen to know of one.

4. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

5. 'splain please?

6. ADReese

ADReese
    from spokane

Are they a restoration place? Do they have a website?

7. ADReese

ADReese
    from spokane

Oh, do you mean Lang's? I couldn't find them there either.

8. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Model T Haven, (google it) they have more '27 firewalls than anything else, seems like.
    My brother got one from them that looked like N.O.S.!
    Good folks to deal with, in Kansas; they will ship.

9. ADReese

ADReese
    from spokane

I'll drop them a note and see if they have anything, Thanks

10. Unless you're doing a 100 point restoration why not build it yourself...try mocking up the minimum support you need out of card stock, then make it out of 18 to 20ga sheet stock and weld it together. This would also allow you to change the toeboard angle if you want, shorten it, push it forward, whatever suits your need.

Just a thought, we're playing hot rods here - ni offfense intended.

Charlie

11. ADReese

ADReese
    from spokane

Yep, thats my backup plan, just wanted to see if there were any original style ones available first.

12. ADReese

ADReese
    from spokane

Just wanted to see if any fresh eyes have any insight on this one. Or happen to have a T cowl that they would part out.

13. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

When i built my T the first thing I did to the interior was remove them. That way it was easy to reconfigure the toe boards for more leg room which is a huge deal in Ts. I think I turned them upside down, picking up about three inches of foot room.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  14. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I have a pair that i aint using, and ill let ya have them dirt cheap, Even cheaper if i dont have to ship them

15. scotts52

scotts52

I got a T cowl myself that I've thought about selling. Not a roadster but I think they're the same. I'm just an 1 1/2 south of you. I get up there sometimes too.