Register now to get rid of these ads!

T Bucket Trade ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kerry67, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Kerry67

Kerry67

I still have my wagon listed for trade and have been getting a few offers here and there. Someone offered this T Bucket and I went to check it out last night. Really clean, 302 with a C4 looks like a blast to drive. Any fans of T Buckets ??? Thoughts on them ?? I still really want to get into a Hot Rod and this may be a start. A couple things I would want to change on it in time. Wheels, Blower, etc....

Attached Files:

• tb2.jpg
      tb2.jpg
      File size:
      221.9 KB
      Views:
    • tb.jpg
      tb.jpg
      File size:
      196.4 KB
      Views:
  2. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I like T buckets. Not really into that one though. I wish my modified was further along. I would love to trade for a 50s wagon.

3. upspirate

upspirate

Looks clean,but if you want opinions,(everyone is entitled to mine) I don't know.

With that grille,and IFS,tank sticking up out of the bed it may be hard to sell when you get tired of it.

The rear 4 bar set up looks kind of weak for any kind of power

Just my 2 cents

4. upspirate

upspirate

Looking at that rear 4 bar set-up....looks like it would bind up over bumps also

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I love buckets, but not that one. The grille is really bad and the IFS is a problem too. If I had it I would chop the frame off at the front and put a regular round tube crossmember there with a straight axle and cross spring, like most buckets are done.

It is just way out of proportion with that front end, and it might take more to fix it than to just find a nice one.

Don

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

T Buckets are a love/hate kind of thing. One or the other, no in between. I love them and always have. That's why I have one. BUT, if you need room for lots of stuff, other than 2 people, it's no good. It rides like the 90 year old suspension it has, but I like it. Every good size bump is an adventure. If you're tall, you can fit with a well designed seat, but if you're tall with a gut or even short with a gut, you probably won't like it.

As for that one, I'm not a fan of fake blower scoops or IFS and that front grill and shell would be the first thing I took off. That 4 bar setup is going to hurt you one day. The chrome headers will look like shit by next year, unless you only drive it on weekends. I drive mine everyday, so I now have painted lake headers.

Everybody seems to like them, but the non car people like it because it looks crazy as hell to be driving something that small. But they don't say the same thing about motorcycles.:confused: Go figure.

I like them simple and clean. No frills. You start adding the "Fad T" stuff and it looks like a carnival ride.

They are VERY quick, which means you have to keep an eye on what you're doing. Quite a few have gotten away from people, but usually, they were over powered. The power to weight factor is VERY intoxicating. My mileage proves that.

I've read about people driving long distance in them, but I won't. not that the car or myself could take it, but I just don't trust the idiots on the highway.

Did I mention the proportions on that one look way off? They do. Way too much space between firewall and radiator.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  7. Z06-LITE

Z06-LITE

I like the wheels ok, but that's about it on that car. Too many wrong styles on one car to make it cohesive.

8. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

If you want the opinion of a narrow minded, obsessed hot rod freak who sweats details then read on. If not, no sweat. - If you pulled up in your wagon, I'd think "right on". If you pulled up in that, I'd think it was dumb with no proportion. It's kind of a poser hot rod. Please take this in an endearing "I hope you get the kick ass car you want but not that one" sort of way.

9. Kerry67

Kerry67

I don't think it is something I would keep for a long time. Wondering if it is worth more ( or able to get more), or easier to sell than my wagon. It is (the T) VERY clean....cleaner than my wagon. But, I know it is apples to oranges here. I was thinking I could possibly get 15K for the Bucket. That is kind of what I am seeing with comparable rides.

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's not a $15,000 T Bucket. $12,000 on a VERY good day. There's a blue flamed T Bucket in the classifieds, if it hasn't sold. I think it was $14,000. If I was looking to buy, I wouldn't even haggle with the owner. It's VERY nice.

Think about this. If that T Bucket is so sweet, how come he wants your wagon? Hmmm....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  11. Thats one confused car. Maybe to much work to make it right.

12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I just looked at your profile. If the '56 wagon is what the trade is for, the Gods of Hot Rod will come a lookin' and the lightening bolts are headed right for your behind.

Seriously, think this over a LOT.

13. Kerry67

Kerry67

He has a handicapped 5 year old (Cerebal Palsy) and can't take him in the bucket, which he took on trade for a chopper.

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

IMO you would have a hard time getting $15K out of that one........it may be clean but it is (how do I put this kindly ?) "only going to appeal to a certain buyer." It is just so mismatched in it's style and construction that most people would have no interest in it, I think.

Don

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That explains it a lot clearer. He definitely needs the room. Still not a good trade for your wagon. That T Bucket has all the stuff that goes on a T Bucket and that's what hurts it. ALL the stuff.

16. I think Fred is being generous with the 12,000 on a very good day,,,the car is not traditional,,in fact I think it is confused.

I would much rather have your wagon any day of the week.

T-Buckets shouldn't have independent front suspension. HRP

17. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

x2..

18. racemad55

racemad55

Don't trade for that!

19. BTW,I did a quick scan of the classifieds and I don't see your Wagon for sale.

Do you have it listed on the hamb? HRP

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

I am not rushing to trade for this. It was offered, I looked at it and it looks like fun but not something I would keep for a long time. Like I said, I was just wondering if it would be worth it as far as being worth more or an easier sell than the wagon. I have been looking around and see Buckets that are far worse sell in the 12-15K range. I am thinking my wagon is in the 10-12K range. Just an option.

BTW, do you realize how many lifted Jeeps, trucks of all years you get when you put a car out for trade ?? Even though it says "Pre 65 Hot Rod or Kustom" trade only. If I had a nickel for every jeep or pickup I have been offered.....

21. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I'd consider keep looking.

22. if you are only looking to flip it, it doesn't matter if it is Traditional or not. All that matters is if there is an ass for the seat who wants to pay what you need to get. Personally I can't see that bringing more than about $10,000, but I am amazed at what people pay for some cars everyday

23. GasserTodd

GasserTodd

Kerry, Like many I love a nice T bucket, and like few, I have owned eight of them over the past 35 or so years.

And theres no way that one would become number nine. It doesnt follow a theme at all and quite frankly, its spindly looking and its real ugly.

For most folk, a bucket is like a Corvette - the two best days of ownership are the day you buy and the day you sell.

The 56 Wagon tho, is a good long term bet. You've had it for five years, but I cant see anyone owning that bucket for five years without trying to sell it a few times.

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I tell ya what Kerry, you my not know this but I'm like one of the bigger T-Bucket boosters on this planet, but I would pass on that car personally. It's just flat ugly. But, as others have said, in the thought of a flip kinda deal, there is an ass for every seat. And, even better, in three months or so there will be many, many asses running around our humble town looking for exactly that! I could see that car being the bell of the ball at Pavillions in January! Looking at local pricing for these cars, I too think to the right guy 15,000.00 or so might happen. I'd just wear a bag on my head driving it out there...

25. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Another thing to ask yourself. If there was money to be made on this car, why didn't the original owner or the guy you got it from sell it outright. Both did trades to get rid of it. That car is a white elephant IMO.

Don

26. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Its a little freaky lookin with too much space between the rad and engine etc. but I cant help but like it over all,freaky or not.

27. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Kinda creepy looking...like it was made by Chrysler....TA DAH...the new 2014 Chrysler T-Bone...

Mine is up for grabs...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

28. Mostly, it's too long!

29. raidmagic

raidmagic

If you are trading to flip it don't do it. I had a hell of a time selling my T bucket. I ended up dropping the price and keeping the drivetrain for the new owner to build what he wanted. There are some T's on Craigslist by me that have been for sale for a year now and I live in Fl. where you can drive one year round.

30. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would not buy that, everything from the firewall forward looks like a series of compromises just to get it finished. With a frame that long and with so few crossmembers, I'd be checking welds for cracks like a fiend. Take a deep breath, turn and walk away.