Register now to get rid of these ads!

T-Bucket built and driven-K.C.-1965

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarliner, Apr 29, 2006.

1. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

A good friend of mine, that I have worked with, off and on, has often told me about the hot rod he once owned & built.I never really put much stock in it, because, since I have known him, he mainly has been into, buick v-6 turbo charged cars- you know the amish ones!, I think some people have another name for them-Grand-something? But he has always been supportive of the hot rod cars I try to build.Anyway to shorten this thing up, he shows up with black and white photos of it, and to say the least, Im impressed! The pics here are pics of pics, so the photos here dont do the car justice, but I thought you guys and gals, would get a kick out of seeing them. These pics were taken in 65 I believe and he lived and worked in the K.C. area. If you look closely, you may be able to see some of the details, like- 348 engine w/tri-power set up. Stock wheels reversed, by the owner. Home built air scoop and headers, that were capable of being ran open or through the exhaust! Beer keg fuel tank.Drilled front axle.And a nice interior. If I could fault the car at all, I think I would definately change the location of the steering arm, under the body-it looks like it could drag on a snakes back!But all in all a very cool car and very well built for the times, I only wish I could do one that good right now!There is some very interesting stuff here if you look close.And as a closing note:He sold it for 1500.00 and once turned down a 58 vette trade, he also thinks this car still exist and is owned by someone in the K.C. area and that it is in storage there! Hope you enjoy these as much as I did.

Attached Files:

2. WHAT???-
    Is no one here interested in the real deal- a traditional hot rod?:D or does it have to have a doggy flathead to be cool?
    That thing is damn cool.....

3. Greezy

Greezy

Thats some cool shit there Reggie. I dont like most T buckets but that thing is pretty damn cool. The only thing I dont like is the keg tank. I know it was popular in the day but never liked the look. Other than that...I like it....I like it alot.

4. Greezy

Greezy

I dont know Kenny I seem to remember a certain flatty powered T, beating a certain 348 powered T last year at the HAMB drags....but I wont bring that up.....he he:}

5. Hey, Nice pictures! I'm glad you took the time to share them.:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

6. :D :D Doggy:D :D ha ha

7. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

BAMB! BAMB! ( beating on the my keyboard ) IS THIS THING ON?
    I figured there might be a little more interest in an old hot rod than this!
    Maybe everybody is out doing the parta-parta stuff or not!

8. Greezy

Greezy

Oh you should have said he was trying to sell it for 100,000 dollars then it would have gotten 100 replies. So have you started on your new car yet Reg.

9. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

Yes I have Troy, I looked at it last week! We still have 3 1/2 months till the Hamb Drags, all I have left to do is build it from the frame up and do some radical body work, that might be able to be done, with 20 guys in a 1 hour T.V. SHOW, SO WHATS THE BIG RUSH? RIGHT!

10. Greezy

Greezy

I should have mine done a few days before the drags, so I might have a free day if you need a hand. One day is reserved for getting Assdraggers T built.....:)

11. scarliner

scarliner
    from Macon Mo.

I would rather help Tony on his T, sounds like more fun than the Mission Impossible project I dreamed up! I might just spectate this year or not!

12. RODMAN58

RODMAN58
    from VIRGINIA

I love the NOS (neat old shit). Keep on sharing. The stories that go with it too. That is what gives cars a soul.
    ROD

13. vintagesurvivor

vintagesurvivor
    from detroit

I am not big of a fan of T cars, but that is pretty nice. You should doa reverse title search and find it....
    Mark

14. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Very cool, thats must have been FAST

15. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Cool looking car, thanks for posting pics.

16. muffman58

muffman58

One of the type of cars that got me all worked up when I was a youngin! Big motor, tri-power, chrome everwhere. Shoot, if that anit a hotrod, what is?

17. Rand Man

Rand Man

I like it. You don't see that many '27 buckets. I've got a cowl and the back of a touring, plan on something sim.

18. Yeah this little car is about a perfect example of what a midwest hot rod was in the early sixties.......steel touring bobbed to a bucket-Big V8 OHV with multi carbs and a lot of home brew, owner built ;)- everything!