Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects t bird whitewalls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garcoal, Apr 4, 2014.

1. garcoal

garcoal

my slightly ot 1966 tbird needs tires. white walls are getting kinda hard to find. should I just bite the bullet and order the wws . or just buy a plain set of blackwalls. im just talking a normal ww not a huge coker type of tire

2. Wal mart has skinny whites and places like Coker and diamondback have it all ....open your wallet and smile

3. What do you want and how much do you want to spend? Get what you want and can afford but make sure it looks right on the car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Squablow

Squablow

Shop around, they're still out there. Check a couple of used tire places if you have those nearby, I've gotten some great deals on tires there, sometimes they'll have sets with very few miles on them, and they might be more likely to have whitewall stripe tires yet.

If you insist on new, check Pep Boys and Tirerack.com, along with Walmart and any local tire place that might have old stock on the shelf. My dad just bought a set from Fleet Farm, he had to have one trucked in from another store to make a set but he got 'em.