Register now to get rid of these ads!

Symco Shakedown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ole Pork, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Just got home from the Symco Shakedown, and don't remember the last time I had that much fun in lousy weather. Wanted to take a minute to thank Cliffy and Krooser and all of the volunteers who worked so hard in adverse conditions. Sure hope we get invited back next year. Oh, and let's not forget to thank the assholes up on the hill in the camping area (you know who you are ) for revving straight pipes on Saturday morning after the band was done, on Friday night. I'll bet the people who live there loved it at 1:30 in the morning. I sure hope it wasn't HAMBer's. Goes to show that you can get older, but necessarrily more mature. Again thanx to all for the hard work. It didn't go un-noticed..............

2. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

had a great time at the shakedown...... thanks all..

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i believe those were race cars getting put to bed for the night... those kinda tend to get a little loud.

for what its worth, the Threshermen (the group that runs the Symco grounds) told several of us that we were LESS trouble than the farmers and tractor guys that attend the thresheree every year, and they hoped we come back again next year.

4. Ya the man the owns the place said we are alot better group than the normal crowd that goes there. Hope that we will be back next year. Talked to him on the way out Sunday morning as we were thanking him for letting us come. Again awesome show even though it rained and flooded us out in the camping area. We will be back next year!!!!

5. Sunday cleanup was a piece of cake. There was less than a 5 gallon pail of garbage left on the ENTIRE grounds!!! That includes the swap area and campground. The Threshermen were shocked at how nice everyone was and how respectful they were of their venue. The guys who fired the fairbanks motors came up to me Sat night and told me that they had about 200 people watching the motors on Sat afternoon when they fired them up.....that is about 175 more than they have when they do it at their show....which had twice the attendance of ours.

In our pre-planning meetings, they told me they were going to close the bar well between 7-9pm each night so we wouldn't have problems.....I begged them to play it by ear and keep it open later after the music. They REALLY didn't want to do this. Well, you guys showed them a LOT of respect this weekend and if I am not mistaken, they kept it open until past midnight all three nights. THANK YOU!!!! Next year I will push to have them staff the bar later so we can keep it open until close!

I went up to the Union Still Sat night. They told me our group tipped MUCH better than the Thresheree group and we were very welcome in town.

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

yup! first show in 5 yrs that i actually kept my pants on!! see, i can be nice to!!! :)

7. Don't look at me, I was in the bar and the Fiat was in the trailer at 9:00.

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

naw, i knew you were bein a hoodlum and not your car :D

you make it to union grove? how'd she run?

inquiring minds want to know

9. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

I had a great time as well. The weather just added to the adventure....Everyone I talked to was thrilled about the show and the venue. The bands put it over the top....I can't wait for next year!!!!

Thanks Cliffy and Krooser and my new brothers "The Vagabonds"!!!! You're a great bunch of guys....

10. Hey Fiddy, A big thanks to you and the Vagabonds for the trophy! We really appreciate it! We went to Da Grove and made 2 passes. The gear change hurt me bad. First run was bogged down. 16.8 @ 112 Second was better but I starter in first gear, pulled the front tires in the air, and ran 11.8 @ 124. Here is the video.
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7GgAe1mdf8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V7GgAe1mdf8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5Dc-QLWbQ4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5Dc-QLWbQ4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

12. You Da' man! Very cool video, even cooler show!

13. <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gGiofN10CDw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gGiofN10CDw&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

14. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Cliffy...the poster rocks!!!Great job!!.I would welcome the rain at this point even! 6" snow this time around.