Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Symco shakedown car show pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy365-24-7, Aug 7, 2009.

1. The guy who brought it is a customer of mine. He is a pretty cool guy but made me do a bunch of BS crap to his van a few months ago. I lost my ass on it and it was a ton of screwing around....good thing I treated him right!!!

I thought Larry Werth(the owner of Symco) was about to shit his pants when the FED was heading up the main drag right towards him. Later someone told me he said to them that it was one of the highlights of his life.

2. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Paul from the Thresheree and a few guys were laughing about something Sat night when I walked past them in the dance hall. They told me that at their show they put loose change in the guys pisser, right in the piss trough. At their show you go back in a little while later and the change is missing. They did the same thing at our show....change was there all weekend long from what I understand.[/QUOTE]

Funny, I pissed on the nickel. Thought it wasn't worth getting my fingers wet over, even in my drunken state

3. Barry told me Larry wanted to get in it and drive it. That would have been a cool picture for the flyer. Hmmmmmmmm

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

we were talking about this over lunch at the campsite and we think we're going to ADD some change next year... always keep em guessing :D

5. WEB

WEB

I had the pleasure of meeting Larry Werth on Sunday,I just happened to be one of the last swappers to leave the grounds. Larry cruises up in his cart,I can see he's looking at somthing on my loaded trailer. If you were at the show you would have seen all the vintage signage he's collected. So I go talk to him and he wants to know how much for the vintage Wolfs Head sign I have? What could I do? So I donated the sign to him and his museum. He told me I never had to worry about it ever being as long as it was part of the grounds. Kinda makes a guy feel good about people like Larry Werth. Just thought I'd share.

6. WEB

WEB

Oops ,he told me Inever had to worry about it being SOLD as long as it was part of the grounds!

7. EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT SHOW GUYS, next year i 'll have my wheels ready, BREEDER, we must have rubbed elbows and didn't get to meet ya. WEB, I wanted that sign!! See ya, Dean (dumpstr dean) Wolf

Attached Files:

8. <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5Dc-QLWbQ4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-5Dc-QLWbQ4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8ZaWpqdU_4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8ZaWpqdU_4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  9. Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

well crap dean! thats a bummer!!! my cool car from ya is sittin right beside me on my desk! would have been cool to have met ya!!! next yr!!!:)

11. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Thanks for sharing!

12. Jerry Reed

Jerry Reed

The show was fun...the rain pretty much sucked....the bands were good... the venue was INCREDIBLE! See ya'll next year. Just please don't have it the same weekend as Rockerbox in Milwaukee. Thanks for putting on a kool show Cliffy and Kroozer. You sure picked a killer place to have it.

13. If you can change the dates on the Winnebago county fair, the WI state fair, Rockerbox, Sturgis, Louisville and Bonneville, we would be grateful.

14. I still want to know, was that really Dennis Gage????? I take it nobody else saw him?
    He is the guy with the monster mustache that does the My Classic Car show.
    http://www.myclassiccar.com/

You know, the guy who invented Pringles.

15. Jerry Reed

Jerry Reed

Well with an attitude like that it's gonna be pretty hard to get any local guys w/ bikes to show up. Rick was on the Jockey Journal trying to get some 2 wheeled freedom machines at the show, but I guess you guys don't really care if they show up or not. Rockerbox is THE place to be if you ride. Just ask Max Wedge from Knuckel Drager where he was last Saturday.

16. When is the date of Rockerbox next year? I can't find it anywhere on the web. I am guessing it is the 7th?

Attitude? What are you talking about? You think we are purposely picking a date to drive away bike people? There is something going on every weekend in the summer and there is no way to work around it. Looks like this next year, If we cater to the bike guys, we will loose car guys, if we cater to the car guys we will loose bikes....as much as Rick and I REALLY want bikes there, it would be stupid of us to loose cars.

If we have it Aug 6 & 7 next year it conflicts with Bonneville, Louisville, the WI state Fair. If we do it the second weekend it conflicts with Sturgis. It doesn't matter which weekend it is, something else big conflicts.

We had 3 inches of rain and still had a VERY successful show. Even with Speedweek, Louisville, WI state fair, Winnebago co fair and Rockerbox on the same weekend. I still saw a bunch of bikes....the rain kept most of them away I am sure....as I am sure from Rockerbox as well.

When does everyone want this show to take place next year?
    Aug 6-7 or Aug 13-14?
    Is there anything else that conflicts that I don't know about?

17. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Just avoid the weekend of the HAMB drags. Symco Shakedown trumps everything else.

18. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

you cant be all things to all people dude... make it happen when it works best, and let the chips fall where they may, and remember that there will always be some people with their panties in a bundle.

19. Marcy

Marcy

Get's my vote---a lot less conflicting events(yes there will always be some)
    This show and ultra cool venue deserve to be seen by as many people as possible!

Thanks again guys!
    Marcy

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

And and u got to see me! :)

21. That was the highlight of my weekend!

22. fancyboy

fancyboy

Thanks for having us. It was an honor to be a part of the fun, even if we were just a small part.

23. Like Fiddyfour says just make it when it works best.You can't please everyone.The show was fantastic and with good weather I bet alot of bikes will want to make the trek up to Symco. And speaking of the future I can't imagine how much better this show is going to get.It's the perfect venue for this kind of show. If you like traditional shit you couldn't help but appreciate all the old iron up there whether it was for farming or not. But the best part was the company. The camping was great. The Thresheree guys were alot of fun and the music was great. It was the best show of the year for me and thats with three days of rain, camping in the slop, getting the car dirty as hell and breaking down twice on the way home. My alternator fried from the excess moisture at the show and believe it or not I got it fixed at Advanced Auto Parts in New London. The manager set me up by splitting the cases on my alternator and a new one and making one good one out of the two.Never thought I would see that kind of service from one of those cookie cutter parts houses. Thanks for the tip Cliffy. Then I went one block before my buddies brake line blew on his 34. That took us another hour to fix. After that it was only 4 more hours in the storm and dealing with the worst frickin traffic jam I've ever seen on a Sunday. Made it home in time to snooze a few hours before I hit the third shift job. Been a zombie for about three days and now that I'm finally coming around all I've got to say is wow what a great show. Thanks for all the hospitality Cliffy and it was great to meet all the Vagabonds and of course the Foxcity Foxes :) I'll definitely be there next year.Put me on the volunteer list right now.

24. The guy at the advance auto in New London has literally hundreds of old cars. They are good guys there. I am not a sedan guy, but let me tell you your 32 is one of my top ten!! You absolutely nailed the details on that car. If it is okay with you, I will put you down for camping right next to us again next year!! You will have to come up Thursday to hang out on setup day.
    Thanks for your participation, it is very much appreciated!!!

25. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

hell yea... two cool as hell guys! never even spun a bearing when my fuckin dog pissed on their eazy up

:eek:

26. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

wow. There are dozens of shows that cater to 'our' niche in the hobby... and really I thought everything had been done already...

I'm telling you, I don't think there could be more perfect of a backdrop than what you guys have here.

Excellent.

27. Sounds great. Hanging out with you guys at the campsite again would sure be a blast. Just have to remember to bring my pooch up with me to even the score :)

28. 62Furious

62Furious

I had a blast even with the rain. the people make the party and these guys know how to party,

29. WOW, it must have been a good show to get you come back over here from the Old Skool Rodz forum!!!! Good to see ya. Sorry I didn't have much time to chat, I was a bit busy this weekend. LOL

30. Okay,
    I still want to know if anyone saw Dennis Gage at the show. Fiddy and Gerg swear it was him....but we all know those jokers can't be trusted :D:D:D:D

Can anyone else confirm you saw the guy on the right? He may have had someone with him with a small digital video camera. He is also often known to carry of can of pringles. We already know Breeder was there.

[​IMG]