Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage symco shakedown 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by willie57, Aug 14, 2010.

1. BTB-Derby

BTB-Derby

Cliffy,

How many pancakes Sat. morning :D:D

2. Must of been a LOT because we sold out of breakfast and they didn't have anything left for Sunday.

3. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Pancakes and beer, now that adds up to ......how many times did the porto potty's have to get emptied?

4. I think we had them done twice which was not nearly enough and that will be addressed for next year.

5. BoPeep

BoPeep

Save the appalling shortage of pancakes, :D it was an awesome show, Cliffy. Everyone I saw had smiles on their faces, for various reasons, I'm sure. Not bad for round #2. Now secure the grounds for next year, and let's start talking pin-up contest. May have a scheduling conflict with Hank . . . some mumbo-jumbo about Bonneville . . . but we'll see what we can do. I'm still interested in organizing it and talked to a few girls who were definitely on board as well.

6. I have some neat ideas for a pinup contest. I am officially saying thumbs up to doing it. Let's start a committee to get it rolling! The problem is going to be narrowing down the list of judges. Something tells me the thresheree guys may volunteer for the job.

The bandshell in the rear of the grounds will be perfect for it!

7. Hey Cliffy, Is this someone you know? I was going threw my pics finally and the wife snapped quite afew pics of this guy climbing up the bridge and a couple that was with him. ---UPDATE--- Just talked to the wife and I guess all he did was straightened them up then back down he came!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  8. Here is a cool picture from the hot rod radio guys:

Attached Files:

9. That is Luke and he is fixing the banners, not taking them down!

10. The burnouts were done during the day on Sat. There were three done by people coming into the show and only one done leaving. The one leaving was the worst. For whatever reason, the rear gate workers didn't catch anyone in the act. One person was caught and dealt with already. They were not nearly as bad as they could have been, but none the less, it is not cool and I need to make it known it is not to happen again.

None of the stuff done was done under the influence as far as I know and I am fairly sure that the banners were stolen by one of the locals. At least the ones off the front fence were. Someone has been taking banners off the front gate all year.

Contrary to popular belief, any hanky panky done out on the road on Friday and Sat was a sober act. Our hired security watched us do burnouts late Sat night and I can assure you if anyone was drunk, they would have stopped it pretty quickly. I myself can count the amount of adult beverages I consumed between Thursday and Sunday on one hand.

Hot Rods and drinking doesn't always mean trouble. If anyone was still awake past midnight any night during the show, you will know it was pretty relaxed around the grounds for the most part. We didn't have any wild late night parties like you would have thought. Everyone was so exhausted from the day's activities.

11. Does anyone have photos of the HAMB meet and greet?

12. Yummy

Yummy

Cliff, Like you asked before, I'm not sure if it happened, I went thought there shortly after 2:00 and there was no one around. I think everyone was at the mini-bike drags because that place was packed!

13. Because some jerk stole the banners I had planned to give away to a couple people who greatly deserved them, I had to print some more. Anyway, I ran a couple extras. Is anyone interested in one? They are exactly like the ones that were in the dance hall and hanging on the bridge. They are about 3.5' wide and just under 6' tall. They are only $50 each! I only have a couple, so when they are gone, they are gone!

They look just like the posters, which I also have extras of. Posters are 14x20 and the music poster run was limited to only 250 for the show only. $10 for the pair shipped or $5 for the pair picked up locally.

PM me if you want one please.

Attached Files:

14. Blown 61

Blown 61

Any chance the rev horton heat will ever play the shakedown?

15. When I have an extra $15,000 burning a hole in my pocket, he is on the top of the list.

16. Blown 61

Blown 61

Oh, I will take up a collection.

17. The first chance I get that I can afford the Rev, he WILL be here!

FYI, for all who volunteered at the 2010 show, our volunteer appreciation party will be held Oct 23rd at my shop in Oshkosh. I will have one, maybe two bands playing at the bar next door, free food will be plentiful, I will spring for at least one keg at the bar and there will be soda/water/beer in the shop as well. I will be here all day getting ready, so come anytime after noon and it will go until the last person leaves.

If anyone needs to come from out of town, I will gladly offer camping space either in my backyard in Neenah or you can set up your camper right in my shop parking lot. I am sure I can round up some grass for a tent too if you wish, however it may be getting cold by that time.

It is not nessessary, I will take care of food and drink for the day, but if you do feel you would like to contribute to the cause, you can bring a dish to pass or something for the cooler.

If you did not volunteer but are planning to in the future, we will have a 2011 signup at the party. Your still invited, but you will be expected to bring a dish to pass and/or toss some cashola into the pot to help cover my expenses.

Please RSVP via PM.

18. Symco Pickers episode is Oct 4th at 8pm on the history channel. YEAH!!