Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sweet mfg u-joints

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldspert, Jan 5, 2013.

1. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Are universal DD's made by Sweet safe for steering on rods? They look very small and spindly next to Borgeson's.

2. I have been running Sweet brand joints on my '46 for a couple years without any problem.

3. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

thanks, they just look like they might be a shade too small, but if no problems have shown up! They will be used on a Jag rack in a 51 F1 with SBC.

4. fordcpe

fordcpe

I think the sweet joints are great can put in tight areas and look so much nicer.

5. fordcpe

fordcpe

Forgot they are on my 34 with no problems

6. nice quality product,used them with no problems on the street

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope so. I have installed over a hundred, with three more in just yesterday. The smaller size makes them easier to work into tight spaces, and they don't look street-roddy. They are hardened steel. How strong are your arms?

Remember, any amount of force applied to the wheels, that could force the steering, would nicely tear the steering wheel out of your hands, long before it put the u-joints in danger of breaking.

8. 10 years with Sweet's and not a single problem.

9. Try Woodwardsteering.com. I've used lot's of their UJ's and are well built, priced right. Have a good selection and will do custom applications. Good people to deal with, they have a manufacturing facility in Casper, Wyoming.

10. jazz1

jazz1

I use them in my truck,,,no problem and they were recommended to me by a guy who uses them in his 8 second car...

11. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Agreed, the larger type look too blingy.

12. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I have been using them for 20 years,all of their products are of the highest quality, and their steering parts are approved by "NASCAR".

13. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I use Sweet's on all the cars I have built. They are built in the US and of exceptional quality as I have never had an issue.

14. 1949 caddyman

1949 caddyman
    from arizona

I have used Sweet u joints on many cars & like them. Got mine at Speedway.

15. I swapped out my borgeson ones for some chrome sweet ones - looks much better and some more clearance.

Good kit so far

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad