Register now to get rid of these ads!

Swap meets, shows, or anything in northern IL or Chicago next week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rem, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Rem

Rem

I've blagged some work near Chicago over the next couple of weeks, so would like to make the most of my trip and catch any local swaps, shows, or whatever. Traditional would be cool, but with the limited time anything would be good - I'll be trying to get down to the Saturday breakfast at Chuck's in Burbank on the 16th and/or 23rd, and pop in to HRC&C sometime, but thought I might also take a little drive out and around the area if I get time. Any other shops that might be of interest?

Any (polite) suggestions? I take it you're not all going down to VLV? :)

2. Rem

Rem

Nothing on?

3. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

April is sort of dead around here, rains a lot a bit chilly. Sorry.

4. Andy There is a meet sponsored by the Chrysler Club in Bensenville next Sunday . I'll see if Jen can check our list and PM you tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you again.

5. Rem

Rem

Thanks Larry, when I was there at the same time of year in 2009 there was a bit of a show and swap meet at a Chrysler dealership. And it rained that day, Francisco, although most of the time it was sunny during my stay. :)

6. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

It was a beautiful day yesterday the Saturday 70 F, And mid 80's today, it's a bit unpredictable.

7. You should try to check out a few shops. VooDoo Larry Kustoms is open 6 days a week, and Saturdays 10-2pm. That's a good time to check out the builds and hang out with Larry, it's really an open house.

Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle has some cool stuff, you should hit both.

8. killbilly

killbilly

Rem,there is a swap meet in Crown Point,Ind at the Lake Co. fairgrounds on Sun the 17th,if it's not too far from where you re staying

9. Rem

Rem

Thanks guys, arrived Sunday - warmer than I expected! Bit cooler since, but still nice. VLK is on my list as it is only a couple of miles from the apartment. Killbilly, is that a morning or all-day meet? There is a show at Elmhurst with a bit of a swap meet but a good sized one would be tempting.

10. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

It's a tough life ..............;)

so whats on the shopping list................??

11. Rem

Rem

Don't need anything, Keith. Much! :D

I have a pre-bought pair of '42 Lincoln hubcaps and an early accessory wheel to complete a set to bring back, so anything else will be a bonus.

12. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

If you've room in the suitcase let me know...............:D:eek:

have a good one

13. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

Well you said a couple of weeks and this may be a little beyond that but 4/30-5/1 is the big Jefferson swap meet. ALOT of stuff for sale. Very big swap meet. Jefferson must be about 1 to 1 1/2 hours north of Chicago in Jefferson Wisconsin. Easy ride from Chicago.

14. Rem

Rem

Thanks 61 Fairlane, but I fly out on Sunday 24th :-(

PS Keith: I'm sure I'll be paying for excess baggage with what I already have!