Register now to get rid of these ads!

SW Chicago HAMB and eggs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by palosfv3, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Thats what we like to see. Good , solid , decisive decisions. See you Saturday. :D

Good thinking getting them in front of the stage for the auction . Now just dont let them spend it all at the bar Friday nite.

2. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

will there be stickers?:p:p
    if not i'll have to think about it, especially since I have to get up at 5 AM!!!!!!! (sorry Glo)

can't wait to see everyone :D
    word on the street is a "gangster" will be present:eek:

I can't wait to meet Ina Mae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

3. Hey guys,I didnt get to go to WOW this time because of my F-ED UP JOB. The village of OAK LAWN really stroked me by making me do even more work for no pay. One of these days I will get to breakfast with you guys as I have been absent for toooo long. I will bring DAVE with me as he is part of the HAMB family. Hope fully we will see you guys this Saturday as I'm suppose to be off this weekend. WORK SUCKS, I need a new job. Lets hope OBAMA gets this shit turned around fast so the job market picks up. MITCH.

4. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Went sunday early. Great show or a change. Cool old stuff. The black 36 three window was one of my favorities. Did anyone see Harry Willett won the AMBR. Congrats to the local boy. Illinois got some cool cars.

5. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Supposed to read "for a change" Cant type.

6. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Where is everybody? Hope to get up early enough tomorrow to make breakfast.

7. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

I'm going to try and thaw out and make it Saturday a.m. Stu

8. Bobert

Bobert
    Member Emeritus

I plan to be there for once.:)

9. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Looking forward to seeing you. Stu

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  10. Hellfish

Hellfish

we'll try to be there, too... if the girls wake up in time

11. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

The 219ers plan to be there. Sounds like a good turn out!

12. Glo and I have to be in Downers Grove by 8:00 am to help unload the Chicago BrushMasters trailer and get our stuff into the warehouse. Should see Harry Willett there, he's got the key.:D

Sounds like a good turn out tomorrow, have fun!

13. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Doubt if I can make it...I had to go ahead and get sick.

14. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Got up too late. Missed you guys.Working with TudorJeff from Rockford to put the Byron HAMB date together.Thinking April so we get decent weather on a saturday. Keep ya posted. One of his guys is working with Da Grove for a similar event.

15. blktie

blktie

I was up and all set to go, then we had a network/firewall problem at the dealership that I had to fix. Too bad, it was a pleasant morning.

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

anyone going tomorrow? We're planning on it

17. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

If we don't get too much snow, I'll be there. I'm not a snow sissy, but I might have to plow snow first. Stu

18. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Missed you guys again, went to the race expo at pheasant run. I did talk to Ron from Byron Dragway. Hes pumped for a get together of old hot rods. All we have to do is wait for decent weather.Nice article on Ina Mae in Gearhead magazine. Larrys getting lots of press with that car. I now think I can spell his last name from memory.

19. Wait until you see where she shows up next.

20. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Do we have to book flights or what. I see Troys 56 Chrysler for Ritzow missed Milwaukee WOW, but will be in Detroit. Give us a hint Fearless Leader!

21. To be discussed at breakfast Saturday. I may have to hitchhike to Detroit.

22. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Should be there even with the snow storm tonight. Gotta here the Ina Mae story.

23. Ain't makin' it tomorrow, gotta head to the auto show with family. Gonna miss the HAMB-on-the-Rocks, too - those two-fer's are BIG FUN!

Who's goin' to Detroit in two weeks?

24. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

The 219ers are looking foward to Detroit! the snow Saterday will keep us busy here, but keep us in mind for the road trip to Cobo Hall, thanks Bill and Jim.

Bill and I attended the WOW in Indy last week and it was great. I scored a panel by 3 stripers and I love it. I will share it with you all next week if I am not repairing the states snow plows next week. peace and compassion, jim32;)

25. Can't wait to see that panel Jim.

I only got one in Milwaukee this year but what a score.....DEXTER!!!! There isn't a striper in Chicago that doesn't owe Art Dexter a huge thank you. He was the first striper (and striping) I ever saw outside of a little book and he had that elusive/reclusive bit goin' on for years. I had always heard he was unapproachable but the panel jams and workshops this year for Milwaukwee and Chicago have drawn him back to the craft, what a treasure!

26. jim32

jim32
    1. Hamb & Eggs

Yes Larry, I wish to share this with you. The asking price was only $50.00 but I gave $60.00 gladly for the work and the charity. Bikini is one of my most amired artised in Indiana and to have his work on this panel is special to me. Larry you and the Brush Masters are just speritual conections for me, thank you.

27. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I didnt know they had artists in Indiana.Are they from Illinois? Whats your plan for Detroit?

28. Who is planning on a drive to and from Cobo Hall on Saturday or Sunday for the Autorama ???????? Who is going up on Friday and staying the weekend ? Will the drive include a stop at the Polka Hall in Ypsilanti to visit Estella and the girls.

29. As of today the mug is still closed, the new owner did some improvements and was talking about installing a drive in movie screen in the lot next door, heck I'd be happy if it were just open, I really miss the home made root beer.
    It's a shame there aren't any cool cruizing "hubs" Around here. or are there?
    A girlfriend of mine just bought a house across the street from the mug...It's so depressing to see it empty.....
    But the reason i'm posting is to find out about this areas hamb n eggs. that bbq place in burbank sounded good, but I think that was a few years ago...

30. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Al:

The HAMB & Eggs at Chuck's BBQ is still going strong. Every Sat (almost) 7:00 a.m. Hope to see you there some Sat. Stu