Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Survivor Sighting!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Nov 4, 2022.

1. jimdillon

jimdillon

You and me both Jason. I really like the car and believe it may have run some national events but I have nothing in my records (which I admit is not complete) to substantiate national victories. I contacted Rich Lasner's daughter and sent her some info on the car which she said she would forward on to the present owner. I have not heard back.

I suppose it is possible that the Lasner family or the new owners may have believed that Lindner was a mistake and it should have read Lasner. The Lasner car would have run in either C/G or D/G or C/A or D/A in my opinion and I do not believe they won any of those classes. Both Gianino and Sam Cunningham had switched from gas to altered for 69 and of course Gianino took class in D/A. In looking at the other gas and altered class winners I am not sure they were Vettes. The 69 Nats though was a pretty good event for Vettes, with victories for Gianino, Davenport, Lombardo, Keith and McCrary. I also believe maybe LeBrun who raced midyears, took a class win as well (listed as a Chevy so I am guessing). I believe it would be cool to have another survivor Vette National Champion still in our midst and to be added to the stats. Whatever I think the car is cool and would love to own it.

2. that poor early c1 in the back... i'd love that gen more if they came with a manual, unfortunately as far as I'm aware they were all power glides, such sporty looks, but I've heard they are kind of underwhelming. I'd bet a 3 speed manual with 3.73 rear gears would wake it up quite a bit.