Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Surfer Style Wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shawn F., Nov 26, 2008.

1. Jay-

I was too harsh but you know how I feel.

I dig your 55 2dr wagon, I have a 55 4 door. Helped a bit when we were carting around baby seats..

I put rubber mats in my wagon so I didn't have to worry so much about sand and water.

How many times have you been asked if it's a Nomad...LOL! I get asked everyday, sometimes I just say "yea", the people always go "oooowwww"!

Take care and stay wet, the water's 37 back here right now...too cold for my 59 year old back.

www.highspeedmotorsports.com

A little harsh, but I'd have to agree. Im a life long surfer and I always chuckle a bit when I see pics of land locked wagons with surboards strapped to them and stickers all over them. Props(although some have some pretty nice vintage boards up there). My wagon regularly has boards bouncing around in the back of it, in fact I think theres a stinky wetsuit laying back there right now. No stickers either. I guess if I lived inland and owned a wagon I'd probably have an old board hanging out the back too though. Keeping the surf stoke alive. Really this post is just an excuse to post a pic of my real surf wagon.:D
    I dont know how to enlarge the pic. Sorry[/QUOTE]

2. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Here's my "Big Kahuna". 1965 Mercury with fully customized period-appropriate Surf theme.

Car had ugly plain vinyl seats and panels in palamino color. Fabric is weatherproof. Seats are thunderbird-inspired. Trim is satin almond. Armrests are solid mahogany.
    Outside is bone stock, with the exception of Rocket mags, the biggest
    whitewalls I could fit, and of course, custom laser-cut fender emblems.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  3. I like it. Not overdone just right...not that my opinion means $hit! But I like a stylish ride.

www.highspeedmotorsports.com

Here's my "Big Kahuna". 1965 Mercury with fully customized period-appropriate Surf theme.

Car had ugly plain vinyl seats and panels in palamino color. Fabric is weatherproof. Seats are thunderbird-inspired. Trim is satin almond. Armrests are solid mahogany.
    Outside is bone stock, with the exception of Rocket mags, the biggest
    whitewalls I could fit, and of course, custom laser-cut fender emblems.[/QUOTE]

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

Hahahahahaha......yep. :)

5. 30panel

30panel

[​IMG]

This is how I did it in 1963.

still learning how to post pictures

exterminator likes this.
  6. zombie289

zombie289
    from SoCal

Heres the galaxie I used to have.
    [​IMG]

7. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

Now that is cool!....

8. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Duh, yeah even though I've had the 45 for over 30 years, not to mention the line right before it...kind of kills that idea.

9. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

I love this thread, some of the cars are not my thing but H.A.M.B friendly cars and 50's and 60's surf culture definitely are!

10. It's always cool to see what pops up here. Here one from the NORTH SHORE! Island Style

Attached Files:

11. Here a good friends 1948 Dodge sampan Honolulu 2010

Attached Files:

12. If you love Beach Cruiser March 26,27 2011 go to Huntington Beach. The pier and Main sreet is line up with any thing that can carry a surfboard. Lots of woodies, and Hot Rods. Great Show!

Attached Files:

13. fabulous!

14. shadowrwr

shadowrwr

Here is my 1953 Willys Beach Wagon. Its currently undergoing full repower/resto and should be done within the next month, paint and everything will be the same.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres full album of all work, enjoy!
    http://photobucket.com/shadowrwr

15. codeblu

codeblu

June 1978 cover of Car Craft magazine. Blown 57 Nomad surf wagon. Terry Hatch I believe.

16. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

My 64 Lesabre wagon is going to have a surfer wagon theme to it because I like surfer wagons and that's how I want it to look. I live in Minnesota so I don't think I will be surfing anytime soon coupled with the fact that I weigh 300 lbs. I don't think it would be physically possible to get up on one!:D I guess I'm a build it the way I want kind of guy and if anybody doesn't like it, well, I guess they just won't like it. I won't lose any sleep over it.
    [​IMG]

17. 71buickfreak

71buickfreak
    from Oklahoma

Buicks Rock! Here is my '63 Le Sabre wagon. I was in LA a few weeks ago and brought home two used boards to paint to match.

Attached Files:

18. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

19. Just copy your picture from your album and paste here. I love your wagon!!!

[​IMG]

20. Jay71

Jay71

Whoa OL 55 thanks for resizing the picture, and thanks for the compliment! Guess its time I learn how to use these fancy computer things.

21. Ghostcruiser

Ghostcruiser
    from NE Florida

Go for it, Ricky....screw all that 'conventional thinking' jazz! :D
    Rob

22. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

001a 4 x 6.jpg Here's my woodie at the Surfers Musem in Santa Cruz, the board is a 1964 Roberts 9'6" longboard............

exterminator likes this.
  23. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Pinner whitewalls would make this car perfect! Maybe a stance adjustment too.

24. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Nice! Needs an FED or drag boat on a trailer! (I shopped the pic a little.)

25. Here is my daily driver. 52 Willys wagon mounted on a 94 blazer chassis. Throttle body injected 350-700-R. Drive it winter and summer. Just pull my torque thrusts off in the winter. Then it looks stock. Not a cherry, but a goody. Love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

Pinner whitewalls are on it already. First thing I did after I got it. Need some new pics. I hope to do airbags but for now I am going to cut the springs in the next month or so.

27. RickyRodder

RickyRodder

Very nice! I love it:D

28. Tiki God

Tiki God

I missed this thread.

But here is my 59 Ford Ranchwagon.
    Its gona be all surf style
    this is how it looked before

[​IMG]

but afther removing some bondo and a lot of rusty parts.

[​IMG]

and sinds Februari i put the car back together
    now it looks like this.
    [​IMG]

afther 5 years that I own it I finally found a place closer to my home. so I moved the car. eccept the paint the car is now almost ready for getting Dutch license plates on it. So I can drive it arround legally.

29. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

30. Sweet looking wagon. I hope your going to keep it the same color? A nice pure pearl white in place of the stock white would look nice though I think but not much, just a tad bit of pearl to where you do not really notice it.
    Keep us posted on your progress.