Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday the 11th Cruise to the Broiler SOCAL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Denich, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

2. thanks BOB glad to see menu made it in one piece,You guys rock for all your work and support doing this

Attached Files:

3. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Remember the publicity campaign from the 80's (?) when there was concern over whether "Bob" was too fat to be a good image...and they used this as a stunt to involve everyone to "vote" on whether or not to put "Bob" on a diet...we'll "Bob" stayed fat and the Nation would soon follow...:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

4. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

mazooma1, thanks for the pic's (never seen my car on the road I'm always driven!)
    [​IMG]

5. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Great thread, wish i could of made it but i've been very busy lately. My offer to provide entertainment on the grand opening of this still stands.

The artists rendition of the new Harvey's/Johnnies/Bobs Big boy looks pretty good.

Axle

6. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

Allmost looks like the old days.

[​IMG]

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

You are welcome, but all I did was post the photos...I'm unsure who took 'em, but yeah, they're neat!

8. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

The following is a question I asked Kevin on the Harvey's thread:

There was a gentelman taking pictures from the window of a Dodge Magnum with flames. Will he be posting any of his Photos anywhere?
    Thanks.

The person taking all of the shots from Analisa's Licked Magnum is Adriene's other half=John Eng. I will ask if John can email them to me and then perhaps we get em posted here.

Mazooma,
    Where did you get these pictures?

9. That's my boy! Thanks John.:D

Attached Files:

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Got 'em from Cyclone Kevin

11. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

cool, thanks for posting them. I too don't have any pictures of me in my car, driving.
    Now I have some with me and my Dad. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

"Mazooma,
    Where did you get these pictures?"

These pics came from John Eng Photog Extraordinaire and Adriene Biondo, who is my partner in saving the broiler. Crazydaddyo, I asked Adriene to email them to me, and I emailed them to Doug(Mazooma-who has been a great help with this project as well)
    Justplainj, stayed up till 4am Sunday mornng looking for the tankster pics, still will continue to look.Will email them to you when I find em.
    I hope you guys enjoyed that day,It looks like te ride from George's was fun!!!
    Sorry that it took so long to add the answers to this, I'm on a back up PC-Lap Top and have been for the past few months and it's hell to get on.

13. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

Kevin, your killing me! email those pic's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Here is one of my shots from the day !
    60'

[​IMG]

15. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

That's a cool shot of the Jeepster, Thanks 60' coupe!

16. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

WOW!! Makes me feel so far away from the So CAl roots, livin in Humboldt. I'm halfway down on the family trip, lookin forward to meeting up with you, Kevin. I just found out from him yesterday, while goin down 99 to Mariposa, about Mearle's Drive-In in Visalia. My club, the Pandraggers, were 'born' in hangouts at Mars Drive-in in Fresno around '47, but come to learn that was actually Mearle's, where they once sold t-shirts with Mars on it.
    We're heading the rest of the way to the SGV today, definitely gonna pit stop in Visalia with a camera for some history homework... to be shared of course on here. I'm jealous not to currently be a part of that cruise, but will definitely bring Dicey Donna later for one of the monthly cruises... Anyone have info or pics of Mearle's? Thanks to all that are reviving- or even trying to revive - these culturally historic places!

17. huero

huero

Glad to see you guys patronizing Georges Diner.
    Let's try to save as many as we can.

18. It sure brings a lot of memories. I use to cruise Johnny's back in the late 60's until it closed. Than we cruised on Tweedy Blv in South Gate than after that at Frisco Burger on Woodruff in Downey and belong to the Sultan out of Long Beach I am very good friend with Takis and Joanne. Are they looking to restore Johnny's or not. I use to drive a 1941 Lincoln Zephyr and my 1965 Pontiac Grand Prix lowered. Than we moved to Tempe Az

Thanks again
    Frenchy ( Hot Rod Lincoln )