Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dr.Kerry, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Didn't see one going so I figured I'd kick one of early.
    40 Ford, dropped, chopped, narrowed, 37 Ford truck frame and falt head engine.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

57 Chrysler 300 turned station wagon.....two 300 roof sections and a Dodge Caravan roof insert.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope everyone gets a chance to build something this weekend!!!!

2. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

those are some cool builds. i like the 40 alot! what are you going to do for the nose?

3. I'l add one I just finished this last week, It's a Custom '50 Ford F-1, lowered, with a chopped and sectioned resin (Jimmy Flintstone) cab, painted with Chrysler Surf Blue with the kit scallop decals

4. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

The 50 Ford is Sweet Dakota.. Nice work..

DrKerry.. those are looking good.

5. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

Love the truck, and the wagon is off the charts!!

6. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Hey Dakota, that truck looks awesome!!!! Color looks good on it!!!
    Ol' Skool, I'm have a 37 Ford truck hood narrowed to fit the body as well as the 37 grille shell that I need to cut down and narrow to fit. Then I'll put in some tubing for the grille and call it good.

7. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

8. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

I picked up the new revell 1968 mustang gt....it is the plastic version of the bullit diecast they did a few years ago...what a cool kit!

Nice decal sheet for a tasca cobra jet..and some awesome cragars and steel wheels with slicks.

9. synthsis

synthsis

I'd love to pay one of you guys to do my truck for me. I just gotta justify the expense to the wifey.

10. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

I'm happy too see that some people get things done, I have been buried in work lately at the same time as the spring is coming fast = real cars/motorcylce needs more attention due to summer cruises :))

My workbench is just collecting dust for the moment but I'll do my best to keep working on at least one model.....

DrKerry: wild ( maybe can add crazy :), really dig it!

Omega: Beutiful as always! To me it seems like you was born with a brush in your hand *s*

Dakota: Really nice pick up!!! I am about to check out an 1/1 1954 F-250 with the "awesome" 272 Y-block and 4-shift manual tranny - yummy ;-)

Take care folks, ca ya soon!

11. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

Ohhh I forgot: Omega, thanks for the tip - that Mustang sounds like really good deal! Can't wait to lay my hands on the Tasca-version :)

12. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Thanks Johnny :)

Check out this folder..I uploaded some details on the mustang. The real downside to the kit is the screw down pegs that are on the kit (since it was a diecast before plastic) and the wheels use axles. but it comes with 2 slicks and 4 street tires. Wheels will also fit the tires and slicks from the revell 68 firebird 400.

http://public.fotki.com/73OldsOmega/models/tasca-ford-cobra-je/

13. Omega,

Correct me if I'm worong, but the Tasca Mustang looks like it has all the parts for the Bullitt Mustang... for about $3-5 less?

14. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

I have both kits. I have not eyed them both to compare enough, but I would guess yes. The bullit decal sheet is skimpy!

You don't get the bullitt grill

You're better off with the gt kit I listed above.

You get a decal sheet that could just about do 2 cars, you get a rear seat delete, roll cage, a cobra jet hood with shaker scoop, stock gt hood. slicks, 4 normal tires, stock rally wheels (4) 2 cragar wheels, 4 torq thrust wheels, 2 steel wheels for the rear... optional headers..

Same goes for the 69 nova kit. You get much more bang for your buck by getting the 2 n1 version instead of the 69 yenko. You dont geta big block chevy but you do get a aweosome decal sheet, slicks, drag wheels, rally wheels..and a bunch of engine parts.

15. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Here is my shoebox that is one I sorta copied from Hop Up Special #1. Then today I dug out an old project that I need to finish soon. It will get a small block chev with 6 carbs. Thinking about painting the underside of the fenders white along with the running boards. Already had the roof insert white.

Attached Files:

16. Thanks for the info Omega- I have a couple of the Nova kits already (to do a model of my '70:D).

17. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Nice work everyone.....Omega...can't wait to see that 330 when its done!

18. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Omega, been thinkin' of doing the 40 rodster in a bit of rust patina like you've got here. Still not sure on it though.

Scott!!! You suck!!!! Love that ol' shoebox!!!!! Man that is sweet!!!!!!! Did ya make it to Waukesha today?????

19. car toon

car toon

Good looking models, guys! The Chrysler wagon is one like a friend had in the 60s. Great looking pickup....nice rusty bodies, Omega. I think this week I will throw in my dirty Ford roundy-rounder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Hey Kerry, no I did not. I went out to Cedar Rapids on saturday and decided to skip the NNL and skip the swap on sunday. I wish I would have went to both now. :( Oh well I saved some money by not goin.

21. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

Omega: Thanx for the pix, a kit I for sure will buy!

Stick Shift: I have that number of Hop Up, nice to see a model of that nice car :))

Car toon: did it again, another striking racer :))

22. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

I hear ya Scott, I went to the NNL but not the swap. I don't have much extra cash to do anything now-a-days!!!!

23. Slim Louis

Slim Louis

Hey Marty!

Nice looking Galaxie, I don't think I have ever seen that before! Love the dents and weathering!

Slim Louis

24. Slim Louis

Slim Louis

HiI

My name is Slim Louis, I was invited here by Luke, told me you had a model car thread going, and would I like to share some pictures of my builds here. Sure! I am a transplanted Milwaukeen living in the Memphis area, playing blues music for a living, full time, on Beale St. And all over America from time to time. Don't have any money for a real car, I'm a musiciam, remeber? But I am married, so I am not homeless! lol Seriously, I love short track racing, and I build models of vintage race cars. I am an old guy, and I like old stuff! lol So if you like, I would like to show you one of my builds! ( I have hundreds!) Where to start? Hmmmm
    56 Chevy sedan, small block, fictional build, late sixties era.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope you like it. If you do, I have more!

Slim Louis

25. guiseart

guiseart

man - i admire you guys... seriously.

26. Nice work! Introduce yourself to the HAMB and jump in!!:cool:

27. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

Welcome Slim, nice 56!!

28. Slim Louis

Slim Louis

Thanks for the welcome! I am still learning my way around here, computer-wise, this sites a little different then I'm used to. Cannot find the start of this thread without searching my own name. Let's see if this post bumps it back to page one. While I'm at it, I build race cars with out fenders, too!

Her's a cut down 32 Vickie "Skeeter" on my first scratch built frame! Ford Powered!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

welcome slim.that 56 is awsome,keep em comin.

30. hemifarris

hemifarris

Excellent workmanship. I look forward to this thread every Sunday........Mike