Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Models 1/31/2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Radio Joe, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Radio Joe

Radio Joe

I did a search and didnt see a models post for today yet so hers some fun stuff I have been working on..

Found a large lot of poorly built models at the local goodwill and tore them apart and started on the builds below. Fun Stuff!

61 impala had no roof so I added one from a nascar model
    The orange car had the roof chopped by cutting it horizontally and then glueing it at the front posts- Filling the rear area with putty- Stripped it down and did it better
    the roadster is supposed to look like hes takin it for the first ride after getting it running..

Attached Files:

2. cdansie

cdansie

Here's one I finished last week
    The Theme
    <link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CChris%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CChris%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C02%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]-->After re-reading a few of my Rodders Journals, I decided to model a 50's style rod where the owner would have completed various aspects of the build on weekends and re-assembling to use the rod as a daily driver on work days.
    This model depicts a "halfway point" where the chassis is pretty much done, engine built (gotta go racing) and the fancy wheels and tires have been purchased.
    Paint colour has been selected and sampled on various panels and the wheels
    Body repairs/alterations are underway with replacement door, fender and rumble seat fitted.
    "Glass" is surplus store plastic sheet until the job is finished

The Model
    Given my dislike for chopping sloped roof rods, I bought a Flintstone body
    Front and rear ends are from the AMT 41 Woody (still don't get why they did that kit)
    Wheels are from the 50 Ford Pickup
    Kit engine with scratch built exhaust (to keep the cops away)
    Interior door frame work is scratchbuilt and 40 dash is an AMT piece
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
    <!--[endif]-->
    [FONT=&quot]
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <!--[endif]-->[/FONT]

3. 2002p51

2002p51

Great looking '36!

Last week I posted some photos of this still under construction. Since we're covered in snow this weekend, I finished it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Here are a few pics of my latest, `32 Ford roadster pickup, from a resin transkit I bought on ebay

Attached Files:

5. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

Here are a few of my older builds.

Attached Files:

6. That is one good lookin' RPU! Reminds me of the one on display right now at GNRS.

I've been tossing around ideas in my head about how to do an RPU in 1/8th scale using the Big deuce.

7. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

Nice work all...........I've nothing to offer this week, maybe next Sunday.

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

You guys are a bad influence ,I bought another model this morning .I ll probably never build it .But after seeing yours I was moved.Nice job everyone ,Im going into the garage now and working on the big model .A

9. TxRat

TxRat

Nice as always guys

Heres the latest Hollish Bros. Coupe update.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like I'll need to work on the drag link to correct the bump steer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 50shoe

50shoe

TXrat, that thing looks better every time. can't wait to see it done.

the '36 is super cool too. love the mismatched body panels and the weathering.

no real progress from me. finishing the sectioned shoebox body work and mods, also started a t-bolt that I'm building box stock.

11. boldventure

boldventure

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  12. Hot_Rod_Johnny

Hot_Rod_Johnny
    from Sweden

Great work as usual guys!

The Hollish Bros. build is very interesting, looking good so far :)

I have not touched the workbench since early December, soon time to make a try!

13. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

I dug out some unbuilt kits from 15 years ago to show my son, he thought
    they where neat and now we have a common thing to do together.
    Heres one i finished last week.

If theres anything you fellow modelers see that i could improve on, i take
    advise well. Somtimes you can look at a thing to much and miss the details.

Attached Files:

14. 50shoe

50shoe

I can't see much to improve on that elky! looks nice.

15. We're covered in snow again too in Maryland, so I finished this one this morning. Just a plain ol' red hot rod.

Revell tudor sedan, chopped 3 inches, blown Chevy 327 from an old MPC "Night Stalker" '67 Corvette kit, small block Chevy headers from Reps & Mins, detailed DUDEK moon tank and DUDEK '54 Pontiac tailights (but I think Bob calls them "50 Pontiac lights,,,,,whatever.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. freebird101

freebird101

17. elrobo818

elrobo818

very nice!

18. shonky

shonky
    from Norfolk UK

I started this just after xmas , still not quite finished , but i thought i'd show you whats going on in Blighty.

Attached Files:

19. ...cool stuff guys, this thread always give me inspiration to build somethin...
    here's a 34 Ford "truck" I'm workin on, makin a truck from a 34 tudor like they did around the war years, etc. ...the Orange Blossum Special 37 Chev rear cab part fits the 34 almost perfectly...
    [​IMG]

20. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Don't need a lot to be improved to me , just remove the spots ;) I dig your style Chris, models from next week were sick too, can't wait to see more :D

21. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Nice stuff guys this week!
    Always inspiring to say the least!!

22. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven

My 65 chevy c/10 pick up

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. springer

springer

i love the 65 c10. makes me want to finish my 55 cameo soon.

24. SHANTZ

SHANTZ
    from Surrey

I've just started digging my model car stuff out after moving this past fall... I should have something to contribute in a few weeks... hopefully....

25. Chuck R

Chuck R

26. philo426

philo426

'51 Henry J gasser! [​IMG]

27. 46stude

46stude

Great looking models this week! Thanks for posting 'em.

28. boldventure

boldventure

29. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

Most of dioramas were so real looking you had to look twice to see the differance. Fantastic work!