Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Models 1/16/11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whodaky, Jan 15, 2011.

1. jaz

jaz
    from London, UK

Hi

First time I have seen this thread - to be honest when I first looked I thought the green one was real and I was thinking doesn't look very traditional, but then when I see the scene with the mercury I realise they are models - excellent stuff - will definetely tune in next week

2. here is one i did yest. my first little model

first what i started with
    second when it was done
    third after some paint and yes i know i dont have a steady hand for miniature painting

Attached Files:

3. EricL

EricL
    from FRANCE

wouah !!! great Sunday models !!!!!!!

Mr cheater.... it's a little dream world this diorama !!!!!

thanks !!!

4. EricL

EricL
    from FRANCE

Have a good Sunday !!!;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Church Key

Church Key

Thank you... The smoke was made from some pillow stuffing, that is available at craft stores. I have also used it to make angle hair for a car show diorama.

6. Church Key

Church Key

7. Church Key

Church Key

Very nice !!

8. Very cool models fellas!!! LOVE the diorama!!! Looks like billetproof, hotties and all! That 34 Coupe is cool looks great with the wide 5's. Question, are those 2 piece wheels, or did you just not sand down the seams on the tires? I really like the color. Eric, I love the surf pickup. The rail with the cotton smoke is badass!!! I have done that before. My model progress is pitifully slow, just never seem to make time for it anymore. I have a bunch going, but they all need paint. Painting in the winter is a pain in the ass! Everybody has done some nice work here. These are 2 I have going, a 26 T sedan, with a mostly scratch-built frame. Has a large step in the rear. This car is going together with a parts-box flatty and wheels/tires/caps. I saw a parts tree that looked like it would make some good headers, so that is what I used. I made a suicide perch for the front of it, and added an odd taillight I found to the rear of it. THese are the only 2 Hot rods I have built, I did all muscle cars and trucks in the past. These are more fun! I am still trying to figure out how to take good pics, so cut me some slack there.

James

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Might use this nerf bar and paint it a metallic lime-gold or green, maybe olive-drab.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a 29 RPU I am working on.....

Made a little step in the rear x-member, banger power! Pretty heavily channelled, channelled bed, shortened it too. I plan to build a 1:1 just like it. I wanted to keep the hinges, but they were a nightmare!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Built this 57 stepside yast year...

[​IMG]

Built this for my uncle for christmas

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. froghawk

froghawk

Great builds, guys! Whodaky, that coupe is amazing! Eric, real nice work and Church, love that little rail taking off! LoneWolf, great in-progs, especially that "A" rpu.

Here's what I've been working on for the "Battle of the 'Birds" on the Traditional Rods and Kustoms in Scale forum. Rebuilding an original AMT '59 T-bird 3-in-1 to be done in Watson-style panel paint (what else!). Still working on a bunch of little body details and accuracy tweaks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. scrubba

scrubba

11. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

Are there any good online sources to purchase model kits? Specifically drag machinery?

12. oldschool55

oldschool55

Another great Sunday model show, really love that diorama. Anyone else done dioramas? Please post them next Sunday.

13. 61falconwagon

61falconwagon

here is what i'm working on, it's a 1/8 scale 25 .

rear wheels
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

That 1/8 scale T coupe is pretty kool.
    I got to see that diarama at the NNL last April. It was awesome. You could stare at it for hours.
    Well I got to go and finish my Black Widow T now. I will post pics next week.

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nobody interested in a chassis? Like I said, no money but would consider parts swap.

Doc.

16. rooman

rooman

Doc,
    in reply to your question re tubing sizes on front motor dragsters, most of the mid to late 60's cars had 1 1/2" frame rails from front to back. Towards the end of the 60's the rails generally downsized from 1.5" to 1.375" ahead of the rear end and then to 1.25" forward of the motor plate. The junior fuel cars were smaller again with some of them running as small as .875" for the lower rails ahead of the motor (extreme case that usually involved the use of push bike tires on the front as well). Roll cages were generally 1.5" on the later cars and quite often as big as 1.75" on the early ones.
    The really old cars like the Dragmaster and the Scotty Fenn Chassis Research stuff used tubing as large as 2" for the frames.

Roo

17. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Roo, thank you so very much!! You wont believe just how much this helps me!!
    The extra info is fantastic as well, I am one happy fella!

Doc.

19. Be honest... (Ha Ha!)
    G'day Doc!

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

G'day Jigger,
    Hope all's going well mate. I spent hours searching for that info, seriously Roo is my new hero!!

Doc.

21. 2002p51

2002p51

22. Awesome work again everyone. I love the 1/8th scale!!

23. Mr cheater

Mr cheater