Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Model Car Thread 4/15

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gowjobs, Apr 15, 2007.

1. gowjobs

gowjobs

<div style="width:600px; text-align: center;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w5.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/gowjobs/models/contest/DairyDelBlings/1176595726.pbw" height="480" width="600"></embed>[​IMG]</div>
    I've been working on a few customized Hot Wheels lately. They're inexpensive, and I can usually finish one in a day or two.
    This one from last week:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fidg,
    How's that T comin for the auction?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Cheap is one reason I like the 1/64th scales as you can build them for less the 5 bucks,I am getting some bucks wrapped up in the 1/25th models. After I get the AMT 49 ford coupe done I am going to take the AMT 50 ford convertible and with some 49 parts make it look like the 49 my dad had back in the mid 50s,I have all the parts I need except for some early 50s chevy bumper guards and the frame and a couple small parts are being soaked to get the paint off. Jeff

3. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

My Big Duece I built a year and a half ago. been meaning to post it for a while the rear wheel broke off so it looks like crap right now. I painted it with Hot Hues Irish candy green on top of Chromabase 894j base coat, Thats what gives it that metal flake shine.

Attached Files:

4. "beater" 40 Ford:

Attached Files:

5. Longbox55

Longbox55

6. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Nice HotWheels Dave, thats something i havnt tried yet.

Studebaker caps or flippers?

[​IMG]

and a drag trailer tow/push car
    [​IMG]

7. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I am working on the jackshaft and brakes today now that I have the motor/transmision mount finished. I hope to have it up and running by summer!

Here is a picture of when I first found it! left outside in the weather!
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of the body after the paint work! I also have the new floor, Carpet and the upholstry is done.
    [​IMG]
    The wife is doing the detail painting on the grille and I have the new windshield, steering wheel, tires and LED headlights and tailights ready to install. I am also working on the wiring harness complete with 4-button remote control!

8. wvenfield

wvenfield

Flippers

9. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

10. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

A `bunch of people are going to give you shit for putting paint on that bird...........................

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

Stude caps!

12. damnfingers

damnfingers

Roadkillontheweb....how about a few more shots?

13. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Here are some models with a tow theme and a pedal car from Mitch. That go cart is very cool. I've never seen on like it. Thanks Joe

14. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

Now why would they do that?
    Here is a factory photo of what it looked like when new!
    [​IMG]
    I am not restoring it to original condition since it was originally an electric powered unit. I have a 5.5HP electric start OHV engine and a forward/reverse transmission mounted to the frame rails and I have replaced all of the original light bulbs with LEDs for lower power consumption and heat generation. I am also experimenting with making it a remote start along with remote kill (in case my daughter is out of control) lights and horn will also be remote controlled along with onboard controls.

You can see a lot more JR cars on my website http://www.jrcentral.com and there are some more pictures of this 61 on this page. http://www.jrcentral.com/1961thunderbirdjrimages.html

15. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Omega I would go with the Stude ones. Everyones stuff is looking real good. Man, this is better than one of those other model car sites.

Well here is 57 I got in a trade. I wet sanded and cleared it and changed the wheels. I waiting for the paint to dry on the buick grill insert. (the stock grill has a bunch of glue marks) I liked the color so I did not strip it. It has some glue warpage in the fins, but I am just gonna put it on the shelf. I had one of those crappy mongram 56 hardtops:eek: that got traded for the 57 and a 59 elky (both bag kits).

Attached Files:

• 57.JPG
      57.JPG
      File size:
      65.3 KB
      Views:
  16. didgeytrucker

didgeytrucker

Omega, go with the flippers. They pick up the lines in the fenders.

Tracy

17. Anderson

Anderson

Been in OKC most of this week and all weekend...no progress on the sedan since the last update, but it should be close to paint by next weekend.

Lots of cool stuff in thie weeks post.

18. Somehow I think I've missed the right thread, but I guess this one will do.

Don't usually build race cars, but for some reason this kit kinda grabbed me. So, off I went and bought one anyhow. Didn't quite build it box stock. Major changes are 12 spoke front wheels and some extra engine and interior detailing.

[​IMG]

Paint is Smoothster yellow over grey primer. Then Boyd's Orange Pearl with Aluma Coupe Yellow Pearl fogged along the lower edges and down the middle.

[​IMG]

I'll wait a week or two after the paint is well enough cured to polish out and add chrome foil and decals.

[​IMG]

Was a bit annoyed to find white plastic tyres in the box, but with a bit of work they turned out OK. Sanded the treads with coarse paper and painted them flat black whilst the side-walls are semi-gloss.

[​IMG]

The kit engine is nice with good detail, although some of the parts are a bit tricky to deal with and there's a little flash on many. Worst for flash is the chromed stuff, especially the bumpers, which I sanded smooth and then foiled with ultra bright chrome.

[​IMG]

The interior tub is pretty basic and needed some work to get rid of a few weird moulding irregularities. Scuffed up and painted aluminium metaliser it looks close to real.

[​IMG]

19. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have a altered wheel base 65 chevelle I need to restore,I have found all the parts needed except for the correct era wheels. What has stopped me is I could not seperate the window easily so I quit working on it untill I could find some solvent to release the glue. I found this model along with some others and a bunch of parts in a car at a junkyard and they let me have them,one of them was a un assembled 70ish monte carlo and the remains of the MPC ramp or tow truck. Jeff

20. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Soak the body in straight castroll superclean degreaser or purple power from wallmart.. wear gloves!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It softens glue, and makes it brittle. It will strip everything off the body to.

21. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I have some of the purple stuff from walmart to clean the garage floor so I will give it a try,I was going to turn the aw chevelle into a slot car but that was before I got a computer and I am glad I did not since I have found most parts to restore it. Jeff

23. A big deuce I finished recently. Since these pics I took off the LA roadsters plate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Is that the newer version?,I have two my uncle made built back in the mid 60s but I dont want to change them. I would like to take the pontiac motor out of one and put in a flathead and go with the steelies instead of the 5 spokes but I am keeping a eye out for a damaged one on ebay to do the modifications on. Jeff

25. Yes, that is the recently re-released version. You should pick one up if you get the chance. Revell has discontinued them for the time being.

26. Here's some cool models,I shot at the Back to the Beach show yesterday.

Attached Files:

27. Check this shit out! I couldn't believe the details. Love the lowrider bike and the dog taking a dump,LOL! The gas pumps were too big,but it still was pretty cool.

Attached Files: