Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday Drags???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jalopy43, May 15, 2005.

1. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Hey folks! What ever happened to SUNDAY DRAGS?? You know 'race on sunday,sell on monday".San Fernando drags'Races every Sunday" .Sunday!!,Sunday!!!!" Etc. ??? We have several strips here all within a 60-75 miles,from Nashville TN. They are open Friday nights,Saturday nights,even Tuesday nights. But None of them are open sunday afternoons?? I want to get a 'nostalgia drag program/test tune on sundays here. Some of us Working people,only have sunday's off to 'play". I think these facilities are missing out on a ton of revenue!! Do any of YOUR local strips support a Sunday program?? OK, rant over. Sheesh:( Sparky

2. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I just found out Huntsville AL,is open on Sundays for test and tune 5pm-10pm $$10. 70 miles from me ,so i'll be there. Sparky

3. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

I'm sitting here listening to the top fuel cars running right now at Atlanta dragway - from 12 miles away!!! Wanted to go see them sooooo bad; been planning to attend this race for 18 months; 50+ years old & never been to a drag race, but it was $42 yesterday & I just can't justify spending the funds. I'm so depressed...
    ~ Paul
    aka "Tha Driver"

4. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

I hear ya! The Pro-classes don't really hold spectator interest for me anymore,since the general admission prices are way too high. I like the fun side of the gaurdrails myself. :D Maybe a 'Hotrod rumble" can be held one sunday at Huntsville. Sparky d/gas

5. Scott

Scott

Spend the 42 bucks. as soon as you see that first Top Fuel pass, you will say "it was worth it". It costs more than that to go to a ballgame and way more to go to a nascar. Plus I think you can bring in your own food and drink except for alcohol

6. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Go do it! I'm 31 and went for the first time last year to the Fallnationals and I am hooked. Took my oldest (11) son to the Winternationals this year and now he is, too.

You dont get a true appreciation for it until you go. The nitro belching out of the pipes (Don't get to close, those who have been there know what I mean!). The smell of rubber, and then the "THUNDER"!!!!!

You'll never get over that feel and sound.

Man, that sound!!!! :D :D :D

7. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

It's Sunday in Ohio, and I just shot this one today.

8. Got anymore shots?????????

Once my roadster is finished I'll be going to "Great Lakes Dragway" on a regular basis!!! (only 40 miles for me)

I think they're still open Sundays..?!?!?!?:confused:

9. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

It's not a question if it's worth it; it's just too much of a LARGE percentage of what I'm making right now to justify it. It's a long story, but I'm not working full time due to theives, physical problems, having to sell my home & move to a place where no one knows me, & not having a job. I've been surviving for over a year without a well (hauling in water) by selling what parts I could (mostly online through forums like this one) & doing a little body/paint work. I was living in a moving van last year, but was able to scrape together enough funds (by selling things I didn't want to like my last other peice of real estate & my Cabriolet) to build a loft in my storage building/shop. It was a little eaiser to heat than the van since it had 1/2 inch foam on two walls & the ceiling. Yes I built a shop to keep my cars in & work on them instead of building a small house. Not enough equity from the home to do both. My cars are my last remaining passion after the theives took my 300 CDs.
    Well that's the short version anyway. Life is hard....
    ~ Paul
    aka "Tha Driver"

10. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Cool ! looks like that chev.has a death-grip on that pad. What raceway is that? Is kil-care still open?? Thanks for the photo:D Sparky

11. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Well, that shot was taken at the Norwalk race way in Ohio. I don't know if they are open every Sunday, seeing is how I have never been to Ohio before and fly home tomorrow. Here is one more from Norwalk.

12. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

Looks like he finaly got the weight transfer down to prevent that right rear from wheel-hopping! LOL!

13. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Yep...Kil-Kare is still there. Giz'