Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Sunday Drags '50s Santa Ana

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HJmaniac, Aug 25, 2009.

1. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

2. sololobo

sololobo

What classic stuff!! Man this is the kind! Thank you thank you thank you!! History at its finest. Sweet!! ~Sololobo~

3. btt

You guys really got to check these out.

4. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Now that was real drag racin,Thanks.

5. btt

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  6. Btt

7. Lathrum

Lathrum
    from Arizona

Hello all. I was going through some old VHS tapes of my dad's (Bob 'Animal' Lathrum, crew chief of the Hairy Hurst Olds '66-'67 with driver 'Gentleman' Joe Schubeck) and came across a few tapes I thought someone here would be interested in. They are copies, not originals, and written on the three tapes are:

• The Way It Was Potpourri 1952-1961
    • The Way It Was Santa Ana 1952-1959
    • Jess 62 Winter Nationals? Dry Lake Blvd

The first tape is narrated by Don Tuttle. The second appears to be videotape of 90s nostalgia races in Santa Ana with recorded audio from the track. The third is a montage of lots of old video but with no audio, including some cool shots of some drag racing right on a desert road in the middle of nowhere (Dry Lake Blvd?).

I was doing a search on Don Tuttle to see what I could find, and my search brought me to this thread.

I can't find anything specifically mentioning my dad on these tapes, so I don't want to keep them. However, instead of throwing them out, I thought someone here would be interested in them and would appreciate what these tapes represent. So I created an account to write this message. I'll ship the tapes out at my expense to the first person who expresses interest and PMs me with their address.

8. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, I was there at Santa Ana 1952, watching from behind the logs, I still have the ticket stub----50 cents!!!!-------Don