Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods sun tach ID

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loc8tor, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Bought a sun tach and trying to get an idea on its age. The bezel and the cup is all black wrinkle, it is nearly new, but not in a box, and it has been wired to a car. Guy said it was installed and car was never completed, then parted out. It has white letters, numbers, and needle. The fine print has the number 897-709 at the end. Its a 10k tah and has a sort of sidewinder design. No luck on Google. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. squirrel

squirrel

I'm kind of strange, but I would take the cover off and see if I could find any date codes on any electronic parts. Or even look at the electronics, and see if they match a specific era. I guess most guys haven't been around electronics for decades, and are not familiar with that aspect of it.

Wild guess to me is it's from the 1980s, but I could be off by quite a bit.

3. Great idea. Thanks. I thought it may have been 60s since it has the acorn nuts holding it to the cup.

Sent from my SM-J700T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. squirrel

squirrel

You could be right...although the character of the lettering on the face looks newer to me. Like I said, I could be way off.