Register now to get rid of these ads!

suggestions on hiding turn signal lamps in front of car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbillyhellcat, Apr 20, 2013.

1. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

I have a 1949 Ford with a 1951 grille and want to ditch the cycle lights for something with a bit cleaner appearance. Any ideas? I was thinking of replacing them with semi truck cab lights but that might not be an improvement. Do they make a bumper bolt that has a light in it?

Attached Files:

2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

You might want to search a J&P Cycles catalog. Motorcycle turn signals might be an option. Good luck on whatever you decide.

3. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

There are small versions of Guide lights. I have them on my roadster. I found them on line

4. Why not hide the cycle lights being each bullet grill,,it should light up pretty well and be invisible until they blink. HRP

5. old round fart

old round fart
    from Norman Ok.

How about some Halogen lights like for a '34 commercial Ford and put 1157 bulb socket inside the bucket. That is what I did on a '32 coupe and they worked great.

6. Another idea is to incorporate some amber fog-lights in the center of the bullets and make them turn signals.

That's what I did on my 32 pickup. HRP

7. upspirate

upspirate

I like the lights in the bullet idea.

I used some cycle accessory lights for my 32,but that's a whole different look

Attached Files:

8. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Hide the lights back behind the grill in the dark space in front of the radiator. If you want something really small and bright, use LED lights.

9. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just remember most idiots on the road are used to seeing turn signal light , not having to "look" for them. Perhaps fit 49 or 50 type original park turn lights that will at least look like they are meant to be there though a little big.

10. BRENT

BRENT

I was just thinking the same thing. I would use those LED light strips and put them inside the bullets where you cant see them, just the glow of light emiting around the bullet would look cool and bright. I just converted my 49 and 50 tail lights to LED, what a difference! I even put a blue LED for my blue dots that come on when I put my night lights on.

Brent

11. choppedtudor

choppedtudor

I have turn signals INSIDE my headlights. They are only visible when lit. I think they are speedway units...fit a standard sealed-beam housing and use a halagen bulb with hi-low beam.

12. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

The first thing I thought of was signals inside the headlights. I like the single bulb idea but drive in the city a lot and people are retards. I came across these which are definately better than a single bulb, not traditional but definately visable.

http://www.iowa80.com/DirectionsWEB...60&green=E08F9243-D917-5A7D-9F43-CE0B8ABD6803

The led rope lights behind the bullets are also a good idea. Did they make an accessory fog lamp that goes inside of the grille instead of a bullet? I figured those with a low watt bulb would work too. Thanks for the ideas, and it's great to be back on this board after several year hiatus.

13. CyaNide

CyaNide
    from Texas

I am thinking of losing the stock lights on mine too. If you put them in the bullets let me know, because I was thinking of doing that also.

CN

14. 327Eric

327Eric

59 ford signal lights recessed in the bullet openings if you want to give up the bullets. Never seen it done, but an idea I had when I had my 51.