Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Stumbled across the 4th project car I had to buy today....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29StudeDude, Sep 3, 2018.

1. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

Is that you Ralph Nader?! ;)

2. 'Mo

'Mo

If I were to make only one change (fat chance!), this would be it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Camber Compensator".

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  3. 59Tele

59Tele

No, but I've driven past his house in Winsted, Conn and it really needed to get painted.

29StudeDude likes this.
  4. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

5. 'Mo

'Mo

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
    ClarkH likes this.
  6. Good job!!
    More into the 2nd body style, but have been looking at what a great deal, these are. Call me weird, but the first design 4 doors kinda turn me on. Guy in our club, scored one for his girlfriend. Too bad it’s an automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

29StudeDude likes this.
  7. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I get the need for the auto. My wife drove her 65 for a full year with a 110/pg but noticed how much better my 67 pulled and drove. She placed an order for more power, and I bought a parts car and moved over the stuff for a standard, then built the 102. Perfect combo. She learned to drive a stick in my 74 ford truck, granny 4 speed, which would teach anyone the pitfalls;)

Sounds like you have a solid plan for the coupe!

As far as the parts stash goes... my goodies are tilted towards late models, but I've got some good stuff. Probably a trailer full. PM if interested!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  8. atch

atch

"Where do you get one I wonder. I haven't seen one for sale at the vendors or anywhere."

If these are unobtainable, wouldn't an aftermarket sway bar (or antiroll bar, or whatever you choose to call them) do the same thing?

Or even a sway bar from any boneyard car?

Right now I'm thinking about the sway bar that's on an Aspen/Volare front end but I bet that the boneyards are full of similar items that you could pick and choose from.

9. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

10. madfish

madfish

I can't find the website showing this build. I know it was done in Europe.

corvair.jpg

Chavezk21, Nostrebor and 54reno like this.
  11. 2 words....Crown Kit.

craig b blue and 29StudeDude like this.
  12. Hellfish

Hellfish

I had a '63 Monza. It was fun.
    All parts are readily available from a few Corvair-only suppliers. Be sure to pick up Finch's "How to Keep Your Corvair Alive". It has lots of great tips, including how to keep it from leaking, and other things that contradict the factory, but work much better.

29StudeDude and Nostrebor like this.
  13. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

:eek::):eek::):eek::) NOICE!

14. or even a water pump..
    I owned a 1962 in the later part of the 60s..Drove it from Dallas to Columbus,Ohio on $12.00 in gasoline..

29StudeDude and big duece like this.
  15. 29StudeDude

29StudeDude

I love the wheels and stance. It sits too low in the front for streets around here though!

54delray likes this.
  16. I used to bring home stray dogs. Now I look at Rivieras, Willys, Corvettes, Pre 65 Trucks. My wife could probably have reason to legally strangle me.

17. 'Mo

'Mo

Looks good with skirts. Who knew?
    (Helps hide the neg. camber of a lowered stance.)
    Better git on down to Montgomery Ward for a set, before they sell out!

Oh! And a little chrome under the boot goes a long way! ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    54delray likes this.
  18. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

One thing about that powerglide, there is no park in it, and you don't park it in R!
    My late Grandma traded her 1955 Chevy Belair 4 door, 235 3 speed, in on a 63 Corvair, I'm guessing around 1964 because she never bought a new vehicle. She bought a 4 door Corvair with the powerglide. The salesman must have not told her that little fact, so when she parked it she just put it in R like she did her 55. At her house, that was fine, the ground was level, and it never went anywhere. But she went to her preacher's house one day to babysit his kids, and parked it on the inclined driveway, putting the shifter in R like she always did. A little while later, the car rolled down the slight incline, nosing up against the house! Didn't hurt anything, but she took it to the Chevy dealer the next day and told them what happened. The service manager told her to always use the parking brake, which she did from then on!

19. 'Mo

'Mo

Here's an idea! (Not Photoshopped.)

[​IMG]