Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Stranded at Bonneville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nocturnal, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Nocturnal

Nocturnal
    from CO

OT / Stranded at the salt. My buddy is broke down in Wendover, his 03’ Allison trans is going out. Anyone know of a shop nearby? Salt lake?
    Doubt anything is open tomorrow...
    Thanks for any help

2. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No help other than moral support...Hope your Buddy gets things worked out...

3. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

4. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bttt...Broken down at Bonneville...

5. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

I lost a cummins pulling the hill on the east side of the city last yr., There is a ton of shops across the lake in SLC., Industrial injection did mine, Not open on the weekend though, Best of Luck!

lothiandon1940 and Stogy like this.
  6. Nocturnal

Nocturnal
    from CO

Thanks Stogy / Sheep Dip / Hollywood.
    Its rough when they break far away from home...we’ll limp it that direction.
    Have a great day !

Hollywood-East likes this.
  7. belair

belair

I would love to be broken down at Bonneville. Hope you get it fixed soon.

8. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you have been out on the salt with truck,crawl under and check the electrical connections going to the tranny,check to see if there is salt in there .Douse with electrical contact cleaner.Had it happen to a friend of mine two years ago out there.Worth a try...

Tim likes this.
  9. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

A few years ago we made the trip west from Ohio. Went out via most of Route 66(what we could find) to the coast, then north up the coast and headed east. I had to see Bonneville so when we got there(Oct.2004) a few cars were on the track running practice runs the guy in charge said. He let us drive on the salt where they had the cones marking the way. Long story short, as soon as I got headed east away from Bonneville I stopped at a car wash to wash the salt off. Must not have done much good as the my Buick was an 03 and with in 3 or 4 years it was rusted all over the bottom, rockers , doors and even the hood and trunk lid. I would still do it again, Bonneville is like no place I had ever seen before!

P.S. They told us that they were getting ready to shoot the movie "The Worlds Fastest Indian" in a couple weeks after we were there. Wish I could have hung around to see them filming.

Hnstray likes this.