Register now to get rid of these ads!

straight axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wade57, Nov 17, 2010.

1. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

hey fellas, new to the forum. i have a 57 wagon that i want to turn into a straight axle gasser. i see in some mags that some guys arnt chopping the frame to install leaf springs and axle. has anyone here done this before?. or is it better to cut the frame. any info would be great

2. Most chop off the frame and build new rails. The stock frame makes too many dips and curves to make a clean installation, It can be done, just doesn't work as well.
    Now go read the rules for this joint and do an introduction http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44274 pay attention to rule #6

3. wade57

wade57
    from BC Canada

Hi Hotrodden and other members of the forum. My name is Wade, i live in British Columbia Canada. This is my 2nd 57 belair that i have owned, 1st one was a two dr post. The one i have now is a 4 dr wagon in pieces, but its all there. I want to install the straight axle on it, but kinda nevous about cutting the frame and making mistakes that i cant fix. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Hotrodden thanks for the tune up