Register now to get rid of these ads!

straght 8 in a 30 sedan ????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2xcrash, Oct 21, 2005.

1. 2xcrash

2xcrash

When I sold my 54 plymouth part of the deal was $ and a 30 sedan and A rails.... Had been collecting parts and now I'm looking for a motor. I have a lead on a 248 straght 8 out of a 49 buick wit 3 speed trans. Has anyone seen this set up before. I saw a T bucket in OSR a while back. Pro's Con's what kind of problems am I going to run into? Thanks for any help, I don't want to buy this motor and then find I can't use it :rolleyes:

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

It would be different !!! Seems to me it would be to long .

3. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

I don't know of any cons, really, but I haven't really worked much around cars yet (Hey, I'm only 14, and don't have a family that works on cars, but that ain't a bad thing...).

However, I do know that the engine should run much smoother than a V8 because the throw on the crank is much less than that of a V8...

I'd run with it, but that's just an inexperienced mind speaking...

Have a good one!!!

Take it easy...

TTYL.

Later, peace...

Troy.

4. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

My pops friend Tony Messina has done it! it will look kool if you do it!! he shortend the car by 20" (just behind the back door) then lenthened the hood about a foot !the car was at last years Autorama and was just featured in last months wizz magazine (midwest pocket mag kinda like rolls & Pleats) some one on hamb posted picks of it from autrama i beliave

5. Jdee

Jdee

You can hear my 39 248 / ST8 run on my home page, they sound nice even stock. :D Its the first videos button.
    Jdee
    http://garagerat.com/

6. SHRUM

SHRUM

Yeah I saw that in a magazine I personally love str8 eights It would be cool! I would run it.