Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen Mini Bike Lonestar Roundup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ShiftyRat, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Davyj

Davyj

Congrats on getting the bike back, especially nice for your daughter...........Nice to hear good news for a change.

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Great story! You need to name that mini-bike Boomerang, or Sting or something.

3. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

I really like this happy ending story. Nice.

Congratulations on getting the bike back.

4. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Very cool. Congrats!

5. big creep

big creep

glad you got it back, how about a photo of your mini bike?

6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

One of the best stories I have read in a while........fantastic. :D

Be sure to call the head guy at that precinct and tell them how hard his officers worked on your behalf, maybe even follow it up with a letter with their names in it so it can go in their file.

Good job on the part of the officers, they could have just blown you off but they didn't.

Don

7. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

COOL STORY! That was probly the only action the swap meet police had all weekend?
    My oldest son wanted to ride one of my vintage Schwinns to school and I let him. It got stolen and I was pissed! about 3 months later he saw my bike (unchanged) locked up in the schools bike cage so he waited and when the kid came out my son reclaimed my bike. This story is funny because my son was NOT a big kid or a bad-ass. Now my sons a cop, this experience may have been the start of his career?

8. Fenders

Fenders

"...never throw away a piece of paper with information on it. "

Nick, that is a great motto !

9. thanks for letting us know, good for you

10. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

[​IMG]

Original Paint

11. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

[​IMG]

Sheriff hauling it away!

12. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

[​IMG]
    Leaving the first site, my pictures are kind of bad. I was trying not to be to obvious.

13. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

Thanks for all the kind words. I am writing thank you letters to everyone involved. I originally posted the bike on the Hamb stolen when it happened. I have not been able to find the post. I guess they got deleted under event coverage possibly?? I have sent Ryan a message asking what happened to the original post.

14. WOW super ending. Glad you got the bike back . I got a bit emotional reading this post.
    You need to go by some lottery tickets.
    I had a 71 Honda 90 stolen from a locked storage on my property. One evening I heard it go by so got in my car & pulled the dude over. I checked the number but I checked the wrong number. What I didn't know was he had removed the engine & put it in his bike. A few weeks later the cops called & said they had my bike. Seems the guy had stolen some coin from a neighbor tried to cash them in & the clerk called the police.

15. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

Got the pictures posted you guys requested

16. lht

lht

what the hell is going on with all this stealin lately? frickin scumbags, glad you got your mini back wish we could find that 32

17. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

That's awesome. Glad to hear you got it back. Any pics of the bike?

18. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

Look up in the post, there are pictures at the end of page two and beginning of page three

19. WOW...so very cool..

20. voodoo1

voodoo1

That's pretty cool. I'd be singin, "Bad Boys, Bad Boys, whatcha gona do"....

Mike

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Great story and even better you have it back. I can also imagine being very mad if I found out I had purchased something that was stolen.

22. sololobo

sololobo

That is a true story of how we all want the police to work. Love the dusting for the numbers part. Just an amazing recovery and thrilled to hear this news. Thanx for sharing. ~sololobo~

23. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Very Awesome.....

24. Great thread! Glad you got it back.

25. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Awesome story with a rare "happy ending." It's good to see law enforcement take action even on a little thing like a minibike. A friend of mine is on the special operations team and he was telling me a while back, "I love catching bad guys, even petty thieves." Glad there are more out there that love catching bad guys.

26. Beau

Beau

Hell yeah! Great story!

27. pumpman

pumpman

Wow, now that does not happen too often. Good job dude and a bitchin job by the cops!

28. Shifty, good on ya!!! You are in the minority of people that actually get their stuff back from rotten-ass thievin' low-life bastards! I feel for the vendors that got caught in the middle of all this; but like anything you buy, due diligence must be taken. Cops tend to treat property crimes as "Do you have insurance?" matters; i.e "sucks to be you!" matters. The cops on your part of the planet are to be commended for their actions, great job!

I take a LOT of pictures of my stuff, having learned from surviving a tornado ten years ago. You never know when that information will come in handy! Again, congratulations to you and your son.

29. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Did any of you see the 34 Ford hood. Nice blue paint, no car around, just the hood. Not saying it was stolen, but anytime something like this is for sale with no other parts for the car around, I get suspicious.

30. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

As you said I doubt the swap sellers had anything to do with the theft. You would have to be pretty damn stupid to steal it at a rod run and sell it at a swap meet in the same state without at least painting it.