Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen in Phoenix, please guys, keep your eyes open!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Feb 2, 2014.

1. 28TUDOR

28TUDOR

Throw some more "scrap" in the yard, then set back and wait...

2. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Lookin here as much as I can.
    28TUDOR has a point. We had a rash of unwelcome visitors in SD when I was there.
    We put TV boxes out with the trash and had em before lunch.
    I have no idea what happened after that. I just cant recall.

3. Douglas B.

Douglas B.

I will also keep an eye out as well, few scrappers try and hit me up for stuff from time to time.

--Douglas.

4. It wouldnt be scrapped up this far in the state, but IF it turns up in a classifieds or sale up here (never know), Im on it.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks again guys.

6. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Man,I really hate thieves!! Scrappers are the lowest form of humans. They are like jawas.

7. evening bump back up....

8. river1

river1

Night time BTTT

9. Best idea yet put out some bait, wait quietly ,act accordingly

10. Around here it might be a scrapper, or it might be your buddy's buddy's buddy.
    Who all knew it existed?
    I get pissed when one of my friends shows up at my place to show off something of mine to one of his friends that I don't know.

11. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

There are two scrap yards located in old Avondale between Dysart and Litchfield,they have been caught "dirty" before with stolen copper,might be worth a look.

12. leesnap

leesnap
    from boston

13. Babyearl

Babyearl

14. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Got my eyes open up here in northern az!

15. Tacho

Tacho

My mother in law is driving back home to Phoenix tomorrow morning..I will let her know about your loss.

16. Checksix!

Checksix!

I'm headed to a known crackhead scrapper in Mesa tomorrow am, They pay the best. I'll keep an eye out...

Dave

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

18. mickeyc

mickeyc

All metal recyclers around this area make a photo copy of the sellers I.D. Also they pay with company checks.
    However many homeless type scavengers cannot produce verifiable I.D.
    An unscrupulous operator will give them a reduced price for cash and quickly blend an item into the metals they are holding. If a legal operator got this item the police may be able to assist. I would think the value of this item would place it in the grand theft category. I would involve the police and then visit all scrap buyers in the area. Time is of the essence
    as scrap buyers tend to move product out quickly. These parts are in peril for certain if they got scrapped.I know this for a fact as I have friends in the legitimate metal business. Also there a several small time operators here in the New Orleans downtown area. My son is a New Orleans Police Officer and has told me about problems with shady buyers.
    Good luck with your efforts!

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

All you say is true mickyc. That's why I started with the scrappers within a six block radius and worked out from there. Hope is starting to fade though...

20. Special Ed

Special Ed

Keep your hope alive, Chip. Maybe the thief is simply trying to be careful, hoping any heat will diminish, and wait a week or so to scrap it.

21. norcal rizzo

norcal rizzo

I know someone who had a simular problem, he ended up pressing razor blades into the upper horizontal board of his fences. A couple screams in the night, a couple spots of blood in the morning, hasnt had the problem in a looong time. Still doesnt help recover your cowl, but keep the faith, the hotrod gods work in mysterious ways.

the metric system? never heard of it.......

22. Zerk

Zerk

JMO: Flyers sound like a good idea to me.

The average scrapper doesn't own or know how to use tools, and is addicted to the quick easy buck. I really can't see one taking the time and effort to cut the parts up.

23. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Booby traps are Ileagal. and if that scrapper had any sense and went to the cops your "BUD" would be in "IT" deep

24. Really a shame to read this. Some moron has taken a classic piece and more than likely sold it for the price of beer cans at scrap.

25. Ill throw a good luck your way and try to keep this up at the top, but aren't you guys throwing all of your eggs into one basket with scrapper theory. It's could be a tweaker scrapper bum but it could have also been some asshole hotrodder(yes, those do exist guys) that liked what he saw and noticed it was easy pickins, and now has it in his collection away from prying eyes.

Either way, I wish you luck. It is/was a neat old racer.

26. DavidY

DavidY
    from 15102

It's unfortunate happenings like this that teach us all a lesson - don't leave your stuff laying around where the scum can grab it. Tools, parts, etc, if it's unguarded for a second, someone will do their best to releive you of it. Big problem also at swap meets.

27. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

28. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

29. Nookie

Nookie

Tucson here, hope you find it! Fuckin' meth heads!

30. metal man

metal man

You know, I was thinking the very same thing. Not necessarily a hot rodder, but someone who fancies themselves a car guy or race fan. The same guy who steals banners from race tracks and such to decorate his poser garage.
    I honestly feel this is more likely than the scrapper theory in this case. That would be a good thing, because it increases the chances of it being recognized and possibly returned when he shows it off to the right guy who happens to be a HAMBer.