Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen hot rod in florida

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don's Hot Rods, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1badbaker

1badbaker

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I keep opening this for good news.

3. Since Ryan wont give a sticky about a fellow HAMBers coupe being stolen I'm bumping this for the night:mad:

4. sickboi55

sickboi55

same here. or an update at least. not even my car and i find it suspenseful.

5. knotttty

knotttty

same.... bttt

6. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

It just scares the hell out of me because of what he said about the longer time goes by that it just may be in a box car going to bum F#^k egypt. Damn I hope he or WE find it......

7. Malarky

Malarky

X2. I recently scanned thru his build thread and it broke my heart to see how much hard work was put into this car, with his daughter helping out with the build and all. It's a Damn shame :mad: Fucking scumbags.

8. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't understand the lack of stickiness, but I think we'll be keeping it on page 1. Here's my bump to the top.

I'd like to bump the scum that have this car.....

9. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

I guess Ryan is hopeing it shows up at the Revolution...sorry dude, know you're busy, but...WTF.

10. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

11. More likely bein' sweat over by arseholes in bumF#^k USA. Methinks this car will be easier to find if overseas.

12. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Sorry no news yet, I will be on the phone in the morning. Thanks again for all the support.

13. Ebert

Ebert

14. Alert thread posted on Ozrodders.com

15. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I have my eyes open for any signs of that car here in NY.

16. Spoggie, as bad as that might sound. It's not derogatory to egypt, it just means in the middle of nowhere, or far away and lost. Or we might say it when we get lost. As in "I was stuck in the middle of bump fuck, egypt" meaning we don't know where are. It's hard to explain slang shit.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I think spoggie knew that you weren't making any derogatory statement, he is just saying he thinks it is being stripped in this country as opposed to going overseas. I do too. We tend to think these things are going to rich guys in other countries, but I bet most of them are just stolen so someone can build their own projects.

Don

18. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

It's a sad state alright, how many of us have bought a rod and changed the paint, rims, engine dress and stance of a car just to make it our own. It doesn't take much to change it up, it's even less work if the car is cherry to start with.
    I doubt very much if you'll see it at any show so soon after going missing, still sucks, still hard, still hope.

Scotty

19. Gotta wonder if this theft was witnessed.

20. kennkat

kennkat

Treat them as horse thieves once were...

21. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

Me thinks a stoneing ,that way everyone has a go !

Gaz!

22. hdeziii3

hdeziii3

23. Spoggie, someone would have seen something,they always do,not right next door but in the area in general. Something may have been caught on a security camera near by and so on, worth checking.Hope they get caught and the car retured intact. JW

24. It's morning,I'm out of bed and it's f*cking snowing outside,what else is wrong in this picture????? Ooooh yeah:NO stickie,NO good news.... Damn... But up to the top once again, where it should be... bumpadoodlelidey...

25. What's the latest on the Storm?

Often wonder what these scum do with a stolen Hot Rod. I mean it's not like there are a heap of them all the same running around the streets every day. I know the mechanicals would be so easy to sell off, but chassis and bodies are such individual things when it comes to a Hot Rod. Hope you get your car back man.

26. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Last I heard on the news NY and all the States around it are battening down as the storm is still offshore until later today. Looks like a rough one.

As for the car thieves, yes there are some who are pros and do it to either ship the car somewhere or to strip it for it's parts. But I think the majority are just opportunists who see a chance to make some money or to score some goodies for their own car projects.

There was the one that was posted on here maybe a year ago (?) where a 36 Ford was stolen and a Son in Law or someone in the family kept watching Ebay and Craigslist. Sure enough parts like the hood, fenders, bumpers, etc started being listed on Ebay and the dumbasses didn't even think to remove the blue paint from the parts. The owners went to the house and there was the car being stripped down, in just a two car garage.

Then there was the other one, also posted on here, where I think a shoebox Ford was being dismantled in a guys back yard and they arrested them. His wife came on and tried to defend her Hubby, saying his friend told him he bought the car...........yeah, sure.

My point is, a lot of these thefts are done by just who are not very sophisticated or bright. I hope that is the case here and someone spills the beans or makes a mistake.

Don

27. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Its been a few days now and I suspect the coupe doesn't look like it did when it left the garage. Sad.

28. SCOTT GILLEN

SCOTT GILLEN
    from California

I must be a dumb ass, never new about this "Bump Thing" so here you go on the bump.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.