Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Stolen 32 custom pick up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chappy444, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Saw this on a different site and don't recall seeing it posted here. I figured it can't hurt to help get the word out to our brothers up north
    Chappy Screenshot_20211210-104052_Chrome.jpg

2. Bigmac48

Bigmac48
    from Dundalk Md

Hope someone has the courage to turn the bums in ! Some body knows or saw something .

hotrodjack33, SOHC427, Stogy and 2 others like this.
  3. There is no doubt that that '32 pickup would stand out in the crowd, more of a custom pickup than a hot rod. I hope they find it. HRP

Greenblade, Blues4U, Stogy and 4 others like this.
  4. Probably headed out to sea rather than down through the US

Stogy likes this.

5. back up

Stogy and Deuces like this.
  6. sololobo

sololobo

asswipes, thieves are jerks! Best O luck getting that sweet thing back.

7. Hope they get it back. Grill change, hood side removal, and dropped headlight bar could help hide it in plain sight. Keep your eyes open.

Stogy, pitman, Deuces and 1 other person like this.
  8. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Back up.

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  9. Sporty45

Sporty45

This! Thieves suck :mad:

Deuces and Stogy like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm well aware of this Pickup seeing it shared many moons ago in the Threads I frequent...

Sad that is...it really puts a damper on the scene...:oops:

Not to alarm but I was watching the News the other day and one of the latest trends is they can put a quarter sized or smaller I think magnetic Apple gps microchip anywhere on your ride any where its parked and then can detect its location anywhere it is...

We spend alot of coin on our rides and it seems the thieves are getting more brazen and sophisticated...

Note that these bastards target High end vehicles but Collector cars are not immune to crime as evidenced by this post...:oops:

11. v8flat44

v8flat44

Here's an idea for those rotten crooks....

Deuces likes this.
  12. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

13. williebill

williebill

Maybe it was built for a really tall guy.

14. It was in Texas where everything is bigger. The people and the gallows are taller. (To accommodate the taller people)

15. I'm no carpenter ( read that: hack) but maybe there is a different (technical) term for that first "step" and wouldn't the top one actually be a "landing"? Just my early morning ramblings.:D

16. Budget36

Budget36

People aren’t taller, just the hats;)

17. unforgiven

unforgiven
    from East Tn

Back up. Beautiful truck. Hope it’s found

18. Guy Patterson

Guy Patterson

19. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas - any post of violence will be deleted.

20. indyjps

indyjps

Watch parts sales closely. That truck is unique enough, it either needs to be off-shored, taken apart, or modified and repainted.

As stated new hood/ grill, chop. Blast and paint and it will be lost in the crowd.

What's the other details, chassis, drivetrain etc. That may be what identifies it.

Start distributing this to any shipping ports in the area. Contact vehicle blasting places, it may go thru in parts.

Anytime I've been ripped off, the police weren't able to do much up front. I was able to find some of my things myself, and that's what got the police moving on it.

pprather and Deuces like this.
  21. Deuces

Deuces

Sorry.....:oops::(

210superair and Stogy like this.
  22. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I keep checking on this post. Hoping for a Christmas miracle.

23. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Back up again

Deuces likes this.
  24. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Too unique and recognizable to keep together, even shipping overseas.
    I feel it was stolen to order for it's parts and I bet it's not further than 500 miles away. Some dastardly person with a basket 32-34 pickup suddenly has made great strides on their project truck and has a fresh cab, bed, etc. in fresh primer ready to go to paint.

One can only hope the thieves were dumb enough to not bury the custom front end and it's found in the woods, etc and is recovered to tell us what direction the truck headed.

I'd be looking closely for any 32-34 truck in primer or fresh paint and 'new to the streets' for sale or attending a show in the forthcoming car show season this Spring/Summer. Or any primered truck in a paint shop to get color. It could even be a crooked back woods body/paint guy that took in a rusty project and shortcut his way to mega profit by saving himself 400 hours of body/prep work.

As mentioned we need details of drivetrain components, photos if possible.

While the cab looks box stock down to the cowl vent, if the owner built the truck he surely knows any details of patch panels, custom floor work, etc that could ID the truck (and he shouldn't divulge details here for fear the wrong eyes may see it).

rbrewer likes this.
  25. its a shame to see people taking others hard work, why does it seem that thievery has become more common, I've always heard from my grandparents that they used to keep the keys in the ignition and the car unlocked without the risk of them being stolen, and the houses were never locked.

26. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

27. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon