Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stockton Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, May 14, 2007.

1. roadracer

roadracer

No, I understand. I was originally told 4-6 weeks and accepted that. I started calling at 3 weeks to get progress and the wheels weren't started because they didn't have any centers (they "thought they had before taking the order" - believe that or not). By 5 weeks with no progress I was told it could be months before i got them - so I called around.

Wheel Vintiques had the parts in stock, where cheaper and had far less horror stories on here. So I switched. To be honest, the stories of horrible welding on here didn't help - I may have waited longer if I still thought I was getting top-notch quality...

2. Clark

Clark

Desoto...what about them lying to everybody?

I was told they would 2 day air my wheels to me. The day before they were supposed to be here I called to get a tracking number and they told me they didn't even start on them. That was after they said they were done and would be sent 2 day air.

Hell I didn't even make a call till after the 6 weeks they said it would take. It took a month or two after that of chasing them to finally get an answer of "they had no clue".

They said they would refund my money....did they? Hell no! I had to sick the credit card company after them.

Stockton Wheels SUCKS!! I will tell anybody that will listen to stay away from them.
    Clark

3. Yeah, the lying is what pissed me off, and the subsequent excuses. Delays, excuses, etc. I never received their product, so I can't comment on that. My experiences were the same as Clark's (and it seems many others too).

4. Holmsey

Holmsey
    from England

Hi Guys my name is Dave Holmes I live in the UK people call me Holmsey. I run the uk-hotrods web site and I am building a 1955 F100, I have been a member of the Hamb for a while but don't post much.

A mate of mine has just bought a glass 32 Sedan and today we ordered a set of Series 51 steel wheels from Stockton and I did the order with Frank, he has promised 2 weeks.
    I was just told about this thread.... Bugger !!!
    I hope we get our wheels OK

5. El_Capitan

El_Capitan
    from Modesto

This pllace will not be in business much longer. I just ordered some custom built wheels and was told by the owner that they would be here within a week. I thought that was awesome, but then when a week came and passed I decided to call about my wheels and was told by a guy in shipping that they hadn't even been built yet. I canceled the order, but I gotta say I feel real sorry for the kid in shipping because he was an honest straight forward kid who is working under idiot management. If Frank had just told me it would take longer than a week, I'd have been fine with it. But I dont take being lied to well. All I got to say, is take out your anger on the owner. not on the kid in shipping. Another sales guy they got working there is a moron too.

6. El_Capitan

El_Capitan
    from Modesto

2 weeks means 2 months bud.

7. Turbo442

Turbo442

I had the same experiences as qouted above. The first time was getting some rotors re-drilled for a new lug pattern. Took a month and was supposed to be a few days total turnaround. The second time I called ahead and talked to them about honing out some wheel centers. I explained my previous problems and they said the other guy who gave me the run around was fired. I never said who gave me the run around so I don't know how they knew who I was talking about. Anyway the second time was much better but I also called them every other day to see what the progress was and it still took almost 3 weeks to do a one day job. BTW, I am an 90 min. drive from them and UPS only takes 1-2 days to get there.

Good work but a bunch of slow liars.

8. Nelly

Nelly

Just got a set of 15" reverse steelies from Jason at Early Wheel - www.earlywheel.com. Excellent welds, great deal (Alliance Vendor), and very fast turnaround - only 6 days from time I placed the order to the time I received them (all the way from left coast to right coast).

9. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Terrible customer service. A disaster to work with.

10. Gomes

Gomes

Had had friends take them wheels and they all got the big RUN AROUND.... F-EM !! They dont deserve to be in busisness.

11. caseyajones

caseyajones

I called stockton wheel today to ask a few questions and they were very short and extremely rude to me! I told them I wanted to just order the outer part of their wheels so I could have a local guy do the conversion of making my 14" wheels into 15" and widening them. He just said "no". I then told him I was concerned with their customer service issues and he totally just blew me off. I seriously couldn't believe it. It's sad that whoever started this company was probably a pretty decent guy. Unfortunately it has degenerated into what it is today. I hope someone addresses their customer service issues because if not, they won't last too much longer. Self correcting I suppose.

12. mosimpson

mosimpson

I just ordered a pair of 16x6 inch steelies from www.earlywheel.com. yesterday with a custom back space. They shipped out yesterday and the tracking # they supplied me with shows they'll be delivered today.
    Great Price + Quick Shipment = Great Vendor

By the way, www.earlywheel.com. prices are significantly cheaper than Summit's pricing on Wheel Vintiques and you can get what ever back spacing you need.

13. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks guys.. We try to do a one day turn around on all our wheels... Sometimes it is 2-3 days if we are super busy or need some custom pieces... Thanks for the positive comments.. Jason.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ironically, Stockton is threatening to sue me because of this thread. They claim that the use of their name in the title is copyright infringement.

My response?

Spend more money/time on providing customer service and QA than litigating.

Very bad taste in my mouth.

15. Try MRT.They have bare hoops.

16. 18n57

18n57

If they had provided quality service you would expect a number of happy customers to come to their defense. If word of mouth discussions about shitty service are somehow a court matter, then we are FUCKED. Maybe people can refer to said company as Shitty Wheel to blur their identity :rolleyes:

17. theflame

theflame

Yeah, I can imagine - pretty low :mad:

18. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Hmmm. Public forum and people are more than welcome to post their positive experiences too. Unfortunately those are few and far between. I can't see how they have a case. There are plenty of other companies getting positive feedback here that have done nothing more than provide a GOOD experience for the customer. If I was in charge of that company I would join here, post an apology, vow to change our image, and ACTUALLY do something to change the way we treat the customer. It not hard. Several of us on here run businesses and I gotta tell you the difference between substandard and excellent service is usually a VERY minimal effort.

19. Mopar34

Mopar34

Ryan, they want to sue you for copyright infringement??:confused::confused:

That figures, as they sure as hell can't offer any litigation over libel or slander.:D:D I would imagine that you could get a least 10 members here to show up on your behalf to re-tell their personal stories. Might be the highlight of the Judges day.:D:D

20. 5window

5window

Just send them Casayajones post # 72. They sure have a nice website-hard to believe they'd put all their efforts into that and then screw their customers. But I believe it.

21. Allan Songer

Allan Songer

I bought one set of wheels several years ago and they arrived in about 3 weeks and were exactly what I needed and they were very nicely made. They were the "Milner" steel wheels-- 7 x15" with massive backset for the rear wheels of a Studebaker Hawk. Maybe the service has gone downhill since then? All I can say is that my experience was 100% cool and hassle-free.

22. Just change the name of the thread to "our experiences with Stockton Wheel" ....

What's the difference between Stockton Wheel and a bucket of shit?

With the bucket, you know you got a bunch of shit right away.

23. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

The Stockton Wheel blue '53 Chevy is being used in the ad promo for the Stockton Ports (Oakland A's) Baseball Stadium car show Sat, May 31 starting at 3PM.

24. Just judging by the amount of people that have posted on this thread, a class action suit against them by an underemployed sympathetic lawyer representing their numerous dissatisfied customers might just shut their doors for good!!

How can the people that run that business be stupid enough to actually threaten legal action over "copyright infringement" when the public is posting complaints against his business on a public forum? Unbelievable!!!

25. Buzznut

Buzznut

I've heard stories about the Cockton Wheel (name edited for infringement-proof purposes...) black hole for many years now...not to mention that my father had a 3 to 4 month delay in getting what he ordered and paid for about 5 years ago. Wheel Vintiques seems like a better choice IMO.

BTW: For "Copyright Infringement" to stick the person using the "name" would have to be generating a profit from said use. We are simply discussing problems with a common vendor. I bet they wouldn't scream infringement if we were singing their praises!!

BESIDES - I doubt ANY of us could generate a profit by using their name...LOL...quite the contrary. What a bunch of maroons....

26. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Then I propose from now on we refer to them as "Cockton"

I've never ordered from Cockton...

I've steered probably a dozen customers (speed shops and rod builders) away from them because of the reputation on this board and from what I've heard at shows and from hot rodders.

The whole threat to the HAMB thing just digs their hole deeper. :mad:

I have some free time. I may call my entire hot rod customer base this afternoon and warn them to stay away from Cockton wheels...

...but they probably already know. :rolleyes:

27. Buzznut

Buzznut

LOL @ Cockton...love it.... :D

28. ...Schlockton?

29. I've seen their ads in magazines for many, many, years. I don't see how they stay in business. I'm glad my wheels were O.K.

30. 5window

5window

I wonder if they'll get THEIR wheels on time?:)