Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stl guys whos going to the swap sunday at gateway!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by usmc50lx, Apr 25, 2008.

1. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

just seein whos going I'm gonna try and make it well see how i am walking by then it hurts right now!:mad: So if you see a mummy walking around there sunday its me!:p

2. jlouie

jlouie

i'll be there. look for the guy with the black mechanics jacket with the logo that's in my sig.:cool:

3. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I'll be there hunting, Missy will be manning the booth.

4. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

IF we get all the moving done Saturday I will be there.

Is still have a bunch of stuff to move out of the storage and I have to be out by the end of the month.

Anyone not busy Saturday?????

Glenn

5. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

i'd help just to get out the house but I'm a useless turd right now i wrecked my bike on 270 so no lifting for me!but ineed to get the fu@# out of this house i'm going insane and can't drive cause of my codein!

6. (notch)

(notch)

i plan to be there bright and early but we'll see what the wife and kids have to say. any idea what time gates open?

7. bobblehead

bobblehead

I might go. If so, i will hang out by nic32vic's car or walkin around.

8. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I be deh! Looky for my car. Hopefully by the time i go home it willl be somebody elses car.

Notch, i beleive the swap meet officially 'starts' at 6 a.m.

9. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

I missed seeing any of you.
    I was too tired to go see the cars for sale.

Scored a WAY COOL Door for my Pickem up truck! Almost wall art.

10. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

I was there. Bought a heater for my car, it's pretty cool lookking. If you saw a young guy wearing an Atomic Punk shirt that was 3 sizes to small that was me. Lol.

USMC how did you wreck your bike??? What kind do you have? I hope I never have to go down, exspecially on 270! Ouch.

11. monsterflake

monsterflake

how was the set up over there? did they have the swap in the pits/staging lanes? where'd you park? was it busy?

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

anyone goin to the race this weekend? i may take my son ...he and i have never been to the big boys race!

13. txag01

txag01

We took a trailer load of stuff out there on Saturday evening, and then showed up a little before 6 with the spendy stuff that we didn't want to leave there overnight. We had a prime spot pretty close to the bath rooms and concessions. We were selling off stuff as fast as we could get it off the trailer. I scored a 49 taillight housing and bezel, a set of 15x6 steel wheels with rings and chrome dishes, a set of black vinyl buckets, and an old air heater box with heat/ac/defrost. I sold off most of my stuff too. Aside from the sunburn I managed to get, it was a great day.

14. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

The swap was in the drag racing pits, I parked near the traps of the drag strip. The whole road that goes behind the quarter was lined with cars. Yes, it was fairly busy.

15. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Parking sucked BIG TIME.
    I got there late (9:00 ish) and had to park on the opposite end of the speedway where the turn is. Almost needed to pack a lunch for the walk back to the car. Used the Boy Scouts to haul the stuff out to the car or I wuld have died of fatigue.

16. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Well I wasn't there I couldn't move when i woke up but pops was scored my needed trunk handle and some 2in mandrel 45*'s for some zoomies! and as for the bike it's an XS 400 that was getting cafe'd but now will be a cafe/bobber. I hit some rough pavement after a lane change and she started tank slap and i couldn't get out of it so It put me down at 70mph. Its ok though my honda is fine I have a muesem piece 1969 honda CA 175 with 2200 original miles that i'm glad i didn't wreck!so i will be on that for awhile.

17. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

Man, that sucks! I know how that is though, you switch lanes and your tire grabs the crack and you get a nice big wobble. Mine never has gone out of controll though.

My dad said he used to have an old Suzuki 750 2 stroke "Waterbuffalo" that would speed wobble bad at about 120, if you let off the throttle you would be fuccked, if you kept in it it would calm down. Scary shit!!!

18. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Yeah they say theres 2 ways to get out slow down or hammer through I tried slowing down. Next time f!@!# it I'm down shifting and pulling through oh well gives me a reason to redo the bike anyway! you going to chuck a burger next Sat. for the bomber's show?You need to drag Nick with you too and AJ's88 as well!

19. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Swap meet was GREAT for venders. The spaces were huge and dropping our stuff off saturday night was awesome. We sold 30 dollars worth of stuff the first 10 minutes on saturday night and most our stuff was in closed boxes.

From what I hear the swap meet sucked for spectators who had to park far away.

I got a couple good deals. 30 bucks for a set of 39 ford pedal and 15 for cal custom ford valve covers.

Todd, your flyers got more interest than anything else i had there!

Ya know, he just might have bought those pipes from me. haha

Im gonna try and make it to the bombers thing out there.

20. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

The first year at Gateway and they have about outgrown it already. There were a few spots not filled but not many. The car corral was in the staging lanes and there was a little room left there. Spectater parking was maxed out. The Nascar oval was busy with some kind of road course practice. It looks like if they are going to have it there next year the spots will all be on a presold basis and they will have to get the shuttles out for the remote parking for the buyers!

21. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

Very cool swap meet. As big or bigger than KC's Aarrat meet. Got some 40's ford backing plates for $20, NOS chevy lever action shocks, model T gas tank, eelco foot gas pedal and a bunch of other little stuff. My buddy bought two 30-31 model a coupe doors for 100 each (they are perfect). It was an awsome swap meet. My legs are still tired.
    Ratty55

22. 53dodgekustom

53dodgekustom

Yeah, AJS88 and I watched some of the road coarse racing after the swap meet, it was really cool! I want to do it in the 53, ha,ha,ha.

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus