Register now to get rid of these ads!

stewart warner wings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thesupersized, May 4, 2008.

1. thesupersized

thesupersized

i put SW wings gauges in my dash recently, i wired up the lights and for some reason they're disappointedly dim...i did paint the bulbs green to make the gauge light up with a green tint, but still why are they still really dim?

thanks

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I had that problem one time ... and I added a ground wire to the light socket and the problem was solved ... :)

3. thesupersized

thesupersized

grounds are good...

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Check the voltage the light with a good volt meter ... if it is good ( 12 volts or better ) recheck your
    " Good grounds " I use a Fluke like this ...

[​IMG]

Mine grounds were good also ... I thought ... the lights worked ... just not BRIGHT. My voltage was over 12 V so I added a ground wire ... presto ... brighter lights

:D

5. why don't you try an unpainted bulb and see if that makes a difference

6. Ole don

Ole don

Maybe the paint is to thick on the bulbs. VDO makes little sleeves that fit over the bulbs to change to red or green.

7. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Everybody that says 'ground wire' is right!----95% wiring problems are because of Poor ground wire(s)------Especially on plastic cars!---Don