Register now to get rid of these ads!

stewart warner gauges

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joe1250esm, Aug 15, 2011.

1. joe1250esm

joe1250esm
    from RI

does anyone know how much Curved glass crescent needle gauges are going for??
    water temp, oil temp, oil press, vacuum, amps?? Real deal, not repops....

Thanks JOE

2. Check with HAMBer side_valve as he sells those for a great price on his website. He's a HAMB Alliance dealer too. www.thehotrodcompany.com

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I don't think there is an accepted price for them. The type of gauge has a lot to do with the price. Working water temp is probably the most costly. Amps and oil pressure not as much. Gas gauges that were never used in race cars can be the hardest to find.

They are like 32 Ford parts. You never pay too much you just buy them too early. Wait a while and they will surpass your cost. Unless they are asking stupid money, just buy them as you find them. What is stupid money today will be a bargain in a few years. I used to say it has to end sometime but it never has. I paid 125 for an NOS temp gauge 10-12 years ago to complete my set and thought I was getting raped. I held my nose, paid the fellow and never looked back. I justified the price by the steals that I made on the other gauges. I'd bet it's worth double that today to someone but I have not been following their prices in the last few years. If you want the real deal, be prepared to step up to the plate.

[​IMG]

My set.

4. Jimv

Jimv

Maybe $383 for a vacuum!!There not cheap!!lol
    JimV

5. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i know a guy with a gas gauge, i found it when i was helping him clean out a garage, i asked him if i could have it or buy it off him. for some unknown reason(or maybe just because i asked about it) he said no he wanted to keep it. i was bummed, and then i saw him TOSS it into a bucket of rusty bolts and other junk gauges. i wanted to scream. he then tossed the bucket onto the back of his truck with the 35 wires he wanted to use as "hose hangers". i asked him if he still had that guage at the last car show, he said yeah its "buried someplace in his storage". i fuckin hate people.

6. $1500-2000

prices vary greatly, I've seen temp gauges sell for $580.

7. Special Ed

Special Ed

Damn! I suppose I should consider listing my leftover S/W gauges to possibly help someone finish up a project, and hopefully to put a couple of dollars in my pocket, too...

8. joe1250esm

joe1250esm
    from RI

Now that is a killer set of gauges!!!

9. joe1250esm

joe1250esm
    from RI

Hahaha Jim, It was to nice to pass up.