Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Aussie 48, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Aussie 48

Aussie 48

Hi folks ive got a question maybe you guys can help,im running a Flaming River column which is gm compatiable,in my 1946 Ford custom but its got a Colorado billet steering wheel ,just wonder if an older wheel would be more compatible,shaft is splined,and help would be appreciated....Thanks in advance

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

check sites like speedwaymotors.com for aftermarket 15" 1940 Ford steering wheel as a possibility for you to use.

Aussie 48 likes this.
  3. 19Fordy

19Fordy

The Limeworks Crestliner 16 inch dia. wheel made for the GM column sure would look nice. The stock OEM wheel is 17 in.
    Not cheap but the quality is excellent and it's beautiful. Well worth the money, in my opinion.
    http://limeworksspeedshop.com/
    Here's what it looks like on a 1940 Ford column. Just imagine how nice it would look on your '46.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Aussie 48 likes this.
  4. Aussie 48

Aussie 48

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also check with Julianos, they sell wheels that are made for the GM splined flaming river column. Made in the USA which is not cheap but very, very nice. I bought a banjo wheel from them, had it hydroprinted in a beautiful wood grain. It is perfect. Don't buy a Chinese steering wheel, you life is worth more then that.

Aussie 48 likes this.
  6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is what I mean by "your life being worth more then that" cheap wheel made just west California. This is a $500 comfort grip reproduction wheel for my OT Camaro. I installed it, went to get out of the car and the rim snapped off. Fortunately I was still assembling the car and not out for a drive. My daddy always told me "Never take chances on brakes and steering!"
    upload_2017-2-21_12-16-8.png

Attached Files:

Aussie 48 likes this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Aussie 48 likes this.