Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Steering pulls when turning? !UPDATE 2/9/22!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Shawn Wildman, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good eye there, those grade 5 bolts are not really what one wants there. Grade 8 or better bolts and nuts are what should be there.

2. Shawn Wildman

Shawn Wildman

The wife and I have been used car shopping (that didn't last long after we saw the used car prices!) and working on a project in the house, so I haven't been in the garage much.

Yeah, that's on my to do list. When it comes to cars, I've always been told:

If you can die because it breaks, use grade 8.

As for the oil pan, a buddy has a rear sump pan with the pickup tube and dipstick laying out in his shed. He says he's willing to part with it, but I don't have it in my hands yet. He's a trustworthy guy, so I'll most likely end up with it sometime soon.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  3. sunbeam

sunbeam

It may just be the pictures how close is the wish bones to the frame at the Axle? With added pos.caster it will make the car rise as you turn. It and King pin inclination doing that is what makes the steering wheel return to center after a turn

4. nobby

nobby

check the lower edge of the steering box mount
    does it hit the wishbone when you jump up and down on the front bumper