Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steel wheel straightening

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Minewithnoshine, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

I just picked up a pair of early Lincoln 16x5's today after the long search. One is perfect, the other is... well in need of some major work. The wheel looks like it was hit on the backside long ago, and it actually bent the whole barrel of the wheel towards the front from what I can tell. If you try to lay it on a flat surface it will rock side to side like a taco. Has anyone had a really tweaked wheel fixed before? These things are a pain to find and it's not pitted or anything, real nice besides it rolls sideways now.

2. contact wheelkid he could help you.

3. overspray

overspray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm lucky that a local frame and alignment shop does wheel and rim straightening. The owner has a press and some hand built fixtures that he uses to true and straighten old rims and wheels. I had him do a set of Plymouth artillery wheels which cost about 30.00 per wheel, which is cheap considering the time involved. You might check older frame and alignment shops in your area, including truck shops. Back in the day, you could get almost anything fixed or repaired. There are some shops that will straighten newer alloy wheels on late model cars that might be able to do steel rims also.

overspray

4. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

There is a company in Cincinnati that can straighten wheels. I believe he is in yellow pages. A friend had a toyota 4x4 aluminum wheel done by him and came out great

5. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Im sure there is a wheel straightening company in your area, check with some of the car dealers there and ask if they have a recomendation. Its common to sell a tire and wheel warranty with a new or used car. If someone hits a curb we just call one of these companies and they come pick it up, fix it and drop it back off in a day or two.