Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Steel In Motion @ Shadyside Dragway, Shelby N.C. 05/21/2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Geargoyle Curtis, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Brett - appreciate it brother. I think Josh is 50/50 not due to mechanical issues :p I probably don't have a ton of after-work hours free this week. I got your number though.

2. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

The list of FAST and bad ass cars set to arrive Saturday keeps growing!

5 Days Away!

3. Mine's not fast or bad ass but I'm ready!!

Thanks for the heads up on the camping.

BloodyKnuckles

4. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

I would say bad ass! I remember seeing you at Goodguys a few years ago tearing up the salom course. So cool!

5. you change avatars more than chicks change panties......

is the caddy powered internatty going to be doing 1/8 mile burn outs?

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  6. That would be a sight!

7. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Come on Josh, I gotta get a ride in your hot rod!!
    Daron

8. Drivin' this up from N. Georgia. Can't wait boys......! With Tony and Josh and whoever the hell else we can drag outta Georgia!

[​IMG]

9. Yeah Man - It's looking pretty good right now! Can't wait for the ride.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yay!!!! My favorite roadster in the South!!!! Can't wait to see it in person man.

11. Outta Sight! Cool Tim! Its gonna be a drive for you, too bad the fun back roads are all before we start our caravan.

12. Just found out that my daughter's recital doesnt start till late Sat afternoon.

If i cant get to the event till 6:30, will there be enough going on to be worth the 2 hour drive?

Will there be anything going on sunday morning?

13. Man 253 posts. Did any of them say what Tech Inspection is like? Fire suits ? Helmets? Flip flops? Floors needed? I am short a trans tunnel at the moment.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Well this is late breaking news but my wife just broke her foot so she is unable to take care of our 10 month old Memphis (who just got out of the hospital on Sunday after being there for a week) so I might not be able to come. We'll see.

15. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Damn, sorry to hear that. Hope your wife is ok.

16. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Great question and I'm sure my answer may get eaten alive but here goes. We are going by Shadyside's normal track policy on test n tune days. There will not be any tech inspection per say... Drivers of cars running quicker than 8 seconds in the 1/8 are required to wear helmets. Now we are not running any timimg lights so this can be subjective. If you know your car is quicker than 8.0, please wear a helmet. If you show up with a fast car w/o a helmet, you will most likely get called out on it. There are already some really fast cars set to show up and these guys are prepared to wear all proctective gear just as they would on any given race day (fire suits, helmets, neck restraints, ect.) Motorcycle and mini bike racers must wear a helmet. Unsafe acts on of off the track will not be tolerated and may get you removed from the property. Let's have a good and safe time.

17. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Dang Jeffrey, your house hold is getting beat up man. Hope your wife and son recover soon!

18. Geargoyle Curtis

Geargoyle Curtis

Grudge racing will resume from 6:30 through 8:00 on Saturday, then two bands will play, Transylvania Transport Co at 8:30 and Hollowbody Hellraisers at 9:30. After that I am sure there will be plenty of grilling and BSs going on everywhere!:D

Nothing planned for Sunday but folks can stay around for Shadyside's regular test n tune, starting at 12 pm..

19. JJ, tell the better half to feel better soon. That's a bummer!

20. toucan

toucan
    from sc

operation secret squirrel is done! man i should have worked on the car more! oh well . lets party!

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      554 KB
      Views:
  21. edweird

edweird

looks good bo!!

22. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I have a fealing after saturday I am going to be on the hunt for a mini bike. Mini bike drags are gonna be awesome!

23. Flat-Foot, You rolling down with us?

BlooodyKnuckles

24. edweird

edweird

bill says he's ready!

Attached Files:

25. edweird

edweird

that rear sprocket looks like a sawblade from a wood mill.

26. edweird

edweird

the snot rocket,the stude and my brushes are ready !

Attached Files:

27. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

What time did we decide on living the shop Boobie? I was thinking around 10 am. That would give everyone plenty of time to get there. I was thinking about driving the F100 and the Fuel Line truck to haul all the surfboards. Would be cool for us all to cruise in together!

28. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I won't be able to leave until 12 or 1, kid has last soccer game of the season.

29. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Its relatively close, so 12 would be fine for me.

30. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Yeah as long as somebody has room. I planned on coming down to the shop tonight but I got into another metal fab class. What time are you all rollin out?