Register now to get rid of these ads!

Starter pedal-no resistance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Winged Avenger II, Oct 3, 2010.

1. I'm having more frequent problems with the starter pedal on the old '41 Poncho. It starts and drives fine and then I park it. Go back to start it and the starter pedal goes to the floor with no resistance. What happens is-there is a round disk that sits on the top of a lever that goes to the starter. What's happening is that the lever for some reason is jumping out from under the disk which holds it in place and then no starter. I can get the lever back under the disk and there is enough pressure on it. This is a new problem, so I am not sure what I could be doing to keep the lever from jumping out. When put back it, the lever has to be forced under the disk, so it's not like it loose or something. Any suggesstions would be appreciated. Thanx.:confused::confused:

2. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

This one probably needs a visual aid..........................Got some pics, perhaps?

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

You are correct............something changed. It is likely either a broken spring, bent part or worn part or some combination of the above. Shouldn't be that complicated to see what is happening if you enlist the aid of a friend, one operates the starter pedal, the other watches the action..............

Ray