Register now to get rid of these ads!

starfire tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gabriel Howard, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

what can you guys tell me about starfire tires?

2. As in Olds Starfire? I used 8.25 X 14 on mine, or the G78-14, not sure what the new series is, maybe 225-14?

Bob

3. Gabriel Howard

Gabriel Howard
    from OKC
    1. Okie Hambers

the brand "starfire".....are they worth a crap?

4. bobscogin

bobscogin

I'm putting a a pair of 235/75-15 on the back of my '28 RPU. From what I've found out, they seem to be a Cooper "house brand". How good they are, I can't tell you because the truck isn't on the road yet. But appearance wise, they were the "least offensive" blackwall radial I could find. Not a lot of crap molded into the sidewall, and as conventional a tread pattern as you'll find on a radial.

Bob

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Low cost, low quality built by Cooper. I think they might be US made, though. Been a while since I was in the tire biz....

6. bobscogin

bobscogin

Yup, mine say "Made In USA" on the sidewall.

Bob

7. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

I am going to run a pair of 235/75-15 Starfires on the back of my coupe with 155-15 560 Stones on the front when these egg shaped white walls wear out a bit more. A local guy runs them on his 32' 3 window and has nothing but good to say about them. I noticed they are about 10 pounds lighter than most 235's. I plan on making my move this fall.

8. RHOPPER

RHOPPER

Cooper recently reintroduced the Starfire line as a low cost alternative to cheap chinese tires. With the Obama 35% tariff on tires imported from China, the american and mexican made Starfires are pretty well priced. The Starfie SF340, which is probably what coupster is running, looks very close to Coopers Lifleliner GLS line, which is their mid level all season. Looks to be good stuff for the money.