Register now to get rid of these ads!

Starbird-Devlin Custom Show Wichita KS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 71Dart440, Jan 18, 2012.

1. 71Dart440

71Dart440
    from Wichita KS

2. Jebo

Jebo

Plan on going

3. 71Dart440

71Dart440
    from Wichita KS

4. aircap

aircap

I wasn't much impressed this year.

5. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

I think the quality of cars is considerably higher than in years past. New managment and volunteers are bending over backwards trying to please everyone and make sure things are going smoothly. I have not heard
    anything but positive comments from the vendors, spectators and participants I talked with. Great show that will continue to grow.

6. aircap

aircap

I was asked to help judge club displays this year, and when I arrived at the indicated time and place - no one knew WTH I was talking about. One of the show organizers eventually sent someone to come find me outside..... and then, once inside, there was some mild pressure applied to choose certain clubs for awards.

The show is advertised as featuring hundreds of show cars with top awards from around the country. It's not true. Most are the same local muscle cars and street rods you can see every summer around town.

Starbird brought one car - the Predicta. There were very few kustoms. I just don't think it measured up at all. Of course - your opinion may vary from mine.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012