Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical stainless brake line flaring woes!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55Thunderboy, Jul 8, 2017.

1. A Boner

A Boner

Used stainless on my coupe.....not worth the effort. Used nickel/copper on my sons Highboy pu.....and that's what we will use on the next project too.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  2. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Now that looks like something I need to get before my next brake line job. Nice!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

I've switched to only using Cunifer lines. Did my DD Dakota with it, then my 37 Chevy. 25' spools are cheap on Amazon, and the stuff is easy to work with.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. 55Thunderboy

55Thunderboy
    from NYC

guys i started replumbing my bird earlier and the coiled line is 100% better than the prefab straight pieces ive been using, its night and day. I bought a vice mounted tube straightener which SUCKS, it doesn't work well at all i did most of the lines so far by hand and rolling on my table/

i tried the Nicop stuff, super easy but i kept overflaring and messing up, im gonna save the material for another project

i wanted to share i got this Eastwood debur tool and its amazing, i never made flares so nice in my life, total game changer for me and the best $25 i ever spent on a tool. I actually use a countersink bit on my cordless drill as its faster but the Eastwood tool cleans up the inside and chamfers the outside perfect.

i plan to wrap this up in the coming days once the heat dies down a bit p30448.jpg

slo-dat likes this.