Register now to get rid of these ads!

st louis gasser

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by stlouisgasser, Sep 4, 2005.

1. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

After reading this board for the past year and attending the H.A.M.B. drags last week, I feel like it's time to finally register. I've been to a lot of Nostalgia races in my time, but the H.A.M.B. drags was something special. It really felt like a night at the drags in 1965. I've been going to Bowling Green, KY the past three years for the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion, but it's starting to turn into a big bracket race with corporate sponsorship. Two years in a row, I've watched people paying all different prices to get their car in the show or to race. Anyway my car is a real 55 Chevrolet C/Gasser that raced at all the old St. Louis dragstrips. It was built and raced by the Braun Bros. in 1964 and retired in '67. It had a Hilborn-injected 301, 10% engine setback, '58 Olds rear, front straight axle, and magnesium 5-spoke Americans. I bought the car last year with the paint and interior already completed. I replaced the 350/powerglide with an LS-6 454/450HP. I can't wait for the HAMB drags next year, the car is ready. Thanks.

2. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Here's a couple of photos. Hope this works.

Attached Files:

3. Short Bull

Short Bull

It was a pleasure meeting you in person,
    I closed out the drags with Bill it was good see and meet some of the Two Lane guys.

It is good to see your 55 again.

4. Welcome from Texas! I like that car. I recently had the opprotunity to work on a 55 Chevy gasser that runnered-up against Gene Snow's Dart at the NHRA National Finals in 67'. Yep, it was different world back then,but cars like your's keep those memories ALIVE!:)

5. howdee from across the river, i gotta say i love the car. but then a 55 was my 1st car in high school....joe

6. 38fordcoupe

38fordcoupe

I've seen your car at several of the Fenton car shows including this past Fri. night. You must have gotten thereabout noon to get a parking spot !
    Welcome and I hope to meet you . Will you be at Fenton next month?
    38fordcoupe

7. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

When and where is this cruise and fenton? How big is it? Im thinking about trying to make it.

Nick

8. Roothawg

Roothawg

Nice car...I dig it.

9. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

Thanks for the kind words guys. The cruise is the first Friday of the month at the Stratford Inn in Fenton, MO. right next to HWY 44 and directly across the highway from the Chrysler truck/van plant. It used to be the biggest cruise in St. Louis but it keeps getting kicked out of several different places due to size. Last year was something else but this year's a bit smaller due to a smaller parking lot. Last Friday was huge because Car Craft came to town to do a story on it for their Cruisin' USA series. I can't always make it down there because I work 2ND shift but since October is the last one of the year, I may try to show up. Short Bull, it was a pleasure meeting you, Bill, and Duck at the HAMB drags and I hope we can all have our cars there next year. I know I won't miss it. I don't spectate very well.

10. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Love that '55. Welcome to the HAMB.

Doc.