Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Springfield to Branson MO. street rodding it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cosears, Jan 13, 2013.

1. cosears

cosears

Six to eight couples traveling to the Springfield car show end of May. Looking for good advice for lodging 26 27 28 and activities in Branson following the Springfield show. Always trust rodder recommendation versus all the BS from travel clubs or tourism.If you know of a good cool place to park our old bodies at night and any good fun filled activities for all us 60 year olds, please let me know.
    Appreciate any recommendations
    Deanno

2. The Landing offers some higher end accomodations,if you require that.....
    Also there are some free music entertainments offered in that district[shops for the ladies too],some of the musical acts are the same ones in the theatres at other times...

Branson,to me is sorta past time things and if you saw it once you probably had seen it enough so maybe I am picking on it a little....maybe someone else will offer up more ideas....

3. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Take a dip down to Eureka Springs in the NW corner of Arkansas:)!

Taildragger&fenderless

4. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Hey I am in Branson MO, my wife sells tickets for 10 shows in Branson, she can help with tickets, likely get you all one show for free and discounts on others, then my mother works at Ride the Ducks, it is a really cool ride that takes you out onto table rock lakeand through a tour of a vintage military collection, if any of you were ever in -the military you would love it, you ride in restored DUK vehicles. Just give me a call at 417-593-0885 or PM me and we will help you out all we can. Jim

5. hudson48

hudson48

Been to Eureka Springs twice.Beautiful Victorian town,very quaint.First time was in 95 in May and then in 2010 in December.Never again in winter.That place just closes down in the cold times.Did find a few bars to get warm in though.Coffee Patron shots raise the blood temperature.

6. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

If you are wanting a hotel in Springfield then look for hotels that are in the area of Glenstone and I-44. I always stay at the Holiday Inn on Glenstone, but there are several nice hotels on that street.

7. TTTT8

TTTT8

On your way from Springfield to Branson, stop at Lambert's Cafe (home of the throwed rolls) at Hwy 65 and State Hwy CC. You may have to wait a bit to get in, but go hungry, and duck when the guy starts tossing rolls across the room. Good food, lots of fun!

8. jr9162

jr9162

The best bang for the buck is the Branson Belle on Table Rock Lake. You get dinner and a fantastic show. You can always check with any of the timeshare condos there and see if they have units available for nightly rental. Generally better accomodations than staying in a hotel.