Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Spring Carlisle aftermath.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevsotolac, Apr 22, 2018.

1. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Well....Spring Carlisle is over for me....had some good sales and made a lot of new friends....thanks to all the hambers that stopped and said Hi....its always great to see you....my trip out was a total disaster....my camper died 25 miles away from the fairgrounds....I came in on a rollback....its still sitting at my spot....got to go out and rescue it Monday....it was cold-rainy-snowy very windy the first 3 days....fri and sat where nice.....

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and chevy57dude like this.
  2. dan31

dan31

Went out on Thursday,crappy weather but the only day we could make it. Wow,still have sticker shock at the prices in the car corral.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

at least some folks got what they needed

4. Nice to meet you on Friday I’m really glad the day I went the weather was good found some stuff I was looking for and had a Great time as usual. Lord willing I will be back next year spent most of today installing my new treasures. Good luck with your camper. Hobo Jim

ring gap likes this.

5. Stan, are you going to fix the truck and drive it out? If so, and you need a lifeline - I'm 40 mins away. Shoot me a PM and it will come through on my phone.
    My guess is you plan to tow it. Just wanted to put it out there if you need a hand.

6. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Good doing business with you again, Stan! Thanks for bringing the 47 Chevy front trim, don't forget to look for the rear windshield one!

7. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Well...rescued the camper today....thank God for AAA....its home and now I got to play detective and figure out whats wrong....hope to get another 3-5 years out of this set of wheels....

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. tjm73

tjm73

Wednesday was pretty decent weather-wise.

9. Glad you were able to get the camper home , I hope it’s nothing major Hobo Jim

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

Well....the old Dodge camper is dead....no pressure in #6 cyl....plug damaged....it is not worth putting another engine in the old bucket of bolts....I bought our towns old ambulanced....always garage kept....well maintained....99 gmc....will pick up tomorrow and start the remodeling of the interior....remove cabinets, closets, seats and go from there....
    anybody interested in the old 440/auto?

Attached Files:

chevy57dude and Bruce Fischer like this.
  11. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:eek: Well as the old Sinatra song says"Ain`t that a kick in the head".Wishing you the best for the next Carlile.Keep us updated as you are able.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

ring gap and Bruce Fischer like this.
  12. That one looks like a REAL good start!!!! Bruce.

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

And THAT is what it's all about! You're a good man, " 57"!

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chevy57dude likes this.