Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Spotted while driving around

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by treb11, Mar 8, 2017.

1. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All the rotting and abandoned threads are cool but "pictures hurt"
    How about some nice rides you have come across at random?

Like so:
    [​IMG]

hotrodharry2 and Bruce Fischer like this.
  2. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I dunno, I had some yabbo come by and he wanted to take pictures.
    2 weeks later he was on TV because they caught him swiping cars in my area.

3. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did I post the address, license plate or even STATE of this Nomad? If you live in a crap place MOVE but dont shit on my thread.

Sent from my SM-G550T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Nomad?! LOL:rolleyes:

fourspeedwagon likes this.

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

That's no Nomad!

6. Handyman. HRP

7. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

8. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

9. I stay in the road and see a lot of cool old cars but I don't think I would post pictures of cars sitting in someones driveway...you didn't say what city or state or show a tag but with 1,053,185 I'm willing to bet one or more of our members have see that car and the neighborhood.

Then again I have seen cars on google maps. HRP

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  10. mike bowling

mike bowling

Outside a small garage in Haverhill Mass. a couple of years ago- still got the old snow tires on it. 9-24-12 (7).JPG

11. 002.JPG
    Danny, this is true. If you go on Google you will see ALL of my old station wagons. I was really surprised when i saw them on there.Bruce.

12. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Another month and he'll be able to take them off. Maybe.

13. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

I saw my car(hotrod)on google maps @ home & I was surprised & tickled. Ant the internet great!

14. This is the daily driver of the owner of a gas station I filled up at in Qunincy MA, original-basically untouched-running-like-it-was-1940 something. It was really cool....

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Oddly enough, I was on my way home from going to see this:

[​IMG]

Which I was gonna buy, then some bills popped and that ended that.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  15. aussie57wag

aussie57wag
    from australia

I think would be great to see cars out and about being used. But maybe not in a drive way unless you have permission.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

1) No plate, etc, your city is listed. Looks like a springish day there.
    2)Not a Nomad.
    3) I don't live in a crap place, horse thieves still get shot in my area. That's how the chump got apprehended.
    Sorry to upset you, scrape it off and roll on.

17. So, if you have a camera and use it, you're a paparazzi? :p
    Unfortunately, if you don't want something (or someone) photographed, you can't park it in public in your driveway. And I ax you..... how many HAMBurgers have posted photos of their own cars in their own driveways? How many times have Gypsies snatched their cars, kidnapped their kids and ravished their woman?

This is sort of off topic but definitely related. I once worked for a real estate appraiser as a home inspector. Half the job was inspecting and photographing the home applying for a new mortgage. The other half was doing drive-by photos of 6 or 8 other homes in the same neighborhood that had been financed within the last year. I had homeowners calling the cops on a regular basis. The funny thing is, everyone of those other mortgage applications triggered 6 or 8 drive-bys in the past months. So 6 or 8 times 6 or 8 and so on and on. The mortgage companies and banks require the comp photos.... no drive-bys, no mortgage. This is a case of photos fueling the mortgage industry. Now I might agree that photos for no good reason may morally be a gray area, but legally, anyone that wants to can set up an easel across the street and do an oil painting of your house and/or car if they wish.

czuch, clunker and Bruce Fischer like this.
  18. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    The last time I drove by this roadster, it was on an industrial parking lot in front of a "famous sock company." The clients are NBA players, musicians, actors, and millions of sock loving people, like you and me. They must want people to see it and wonder...why it is in the parking lot. It was easily seen from the street and obviously on display. They don't need any more advertising as their moving displays are in most surf shops and big name department stores at most malls in the USA.
    upload_2017-3-9_9-6-12.png upload_2017-3-9_9-6-53.png upload_2017-3-9_9-7-7.png
    Jnaki
    It is a very funky roadster without any specific period style. Public photos are welcome, but if there was a license plate showing in anyone's photos, before posting, any photo editing program built in to your computer will be able to blur the image. Why? Why not...a little privacy is sometimes all that is left.

Ron Funkhouser and Bruce Fischer like this.
  19. Clunker.I like the old phone # on the car.Bruce.

Ron Funkhouser, Jet96 and clunker like this.

20. Good point. I've heard that gypsies' tears can cure things like Alzheimer's disease. Perhaps if they can be caught in someone's driveway trying to steal their '32 Ford, we could harvest some tears.....

21. BJR

BJR

Not a Nomad either.

czuch likes this.
  22. We live an in age where everyone had a camera on their phone, well almost everyone.
    I can put my finger on my screen, on an image, and an option comes up, to Google search that image.

In saying that, I still feel everyone needs to respect others and their privacy.
    Sadly, we live in an age, where people don't, and think they have the right to do what they please.

I've found the Japanese to be the most respectful.
    They always ask if they can photograph my Hot Rod, when I'm out in public.
    Other people just assume they have the right.

I actually took a pic of a sacked out 53 F100 just a half hour ago, for this thread, but on reflection, have decided I won't post it, due to the owner being a tough SOB, and may want to come around and smack me in the head.

Now I'm not getting at the OP here, this thread is no different to the one from the garbage guys thread, who takes pics while he is out and about.
    It's a great thread. Point is, just use some thought and discretion, while taking pics of others rides.

Bruce Fischer, czuch, jnaki and 2 others like this.
  23. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Who is this Bill guy and why does get get all the money?:(

clunker likes this.
  24. I know. If I got run over by a bus and was on my death bed, he would come visit me in the hospital to make sure would still be making my monthly payments on time.....

25. hudson48

hudson48

26. Pulled up beside this guy (Roadsir) a few years ago in the cities (MN). My reflection is in his hubcap, cool!!

ImageUploadedByH_A_M_B_1441574041_298015.jpg

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  27. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Seen driving across Canada last year. 20160716_143327.jpg
    20160716_185139.jpg
    20160716_185253.jpg
    20160719_140940.jpg
    Here's Pontiac Safari version of a Nomad. Not forgetting Denise (Hot Rod Lady Cruiser) when we drove down in the US before the big road trip.
    20160708_085712.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  28. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy