Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sport coupe build (sort of)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Koz, Nov 6, 2011.

1. trmel3

trmel3
    from new jersey

lookin good.. gimmie a call

2. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Thanks for the PM. Can't wait to see the new thread..

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

any more updates? this thread is full of inspiration for my T build

4. Koz

Koz

I sold the car to 1Oldrat on here, see post above, He wanted the car for himself but I now understand it is for sale again. This one isn't a bellybutton and takes a bit of imagination to finish up. If anybody is interested give him a shout. To the best of my knowledge it is in about the same condition as I left it. He can chime in here if he has anything to add.

I kinda' miss it. I sold this and my lakes modified too. Did get my taxes paid though! (I'm sure they used the money well.)

If your interested I have a couple of other build threads going on now and have aquired a '28 pickup that will once again be my personal ride. My wife says I can't sell it and my old club buddies are threatening to tie me to the workbench if I try. I'll have a build thread up on the pickup shortly and there is a load of really cool stuff going into that one you might be interested in.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  5. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

Good luck with the new build!

I look forward to seeing it.

6. Koz

Koz

Thanks man! I'm making good money, not just enough of it. Only kidding. My shop is busy as hell and I have great list of clients. I just didn't anticipate getting hit that hard and needed to take care of it.

On to better things! My pickup is getting sweet.

7. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

On to the body. As the front was usable but the rear needed help I decided to build a sporty out of it along with a lift off roof like HomemadeHardtop57's. I cleaned up and repaired the cowl and doors and channeled the whole thing over the Zed rails using pan bent box sections, (no tubing), to keep the car as low as possible.
    That would really look cool if you got and installed hidden door hinges , maybe from SPEEDWAY Motors:eek: but expensive....0well....Tnomoldw [​IMG] 90% of every art form is garbage - dance and stand-up, painting and music. Focus on the 10% that's good, suck it up, and drive on. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Koz

Koz

Did you pick this project up from 1Oldrat, or are you talking about another project? As for the hinges, I just love the look of the early A and T overlay doors. It's almost sacreligious to take the hinges away from an early one. Just my opinion. Hidden hinges are for sleds and street rods.

9. JJGA

JJGA

I’m looking to do a spring behind axle on my build, are these photos still available in another thread?