Register now to get rid of these ads!

Split manifold modular exhaust

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MarkKoch, Apr 18, 2010.

1. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

[​IMG] This is the split manifold I puchased,wanted one that has the heat riser

2. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

[​IMG] the intake manifold was chrome/nickle? whe i got the car

3. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

[​IMG] I dont have a pipe bender and I cant weld so I hunted down some 1 3/4 lap style clamps,they are Harley Davidson clamps(old stock)

4. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

[​IMG] these 2 1/4 lap style clamps(stainless are from summit) The steel packs are 12 inch stainless,picked them up for $50 a peice-look just like magnaflow magnapacks

Last edited: Apr 18, 2010

5. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

[​IMG] view from passamnger side

6. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

[​IMG] this is where it exits.the whole exhaust utilizes lapstyle clamps,as I said before I cant weld,I used some flex pipe on one of the sides.did the best I could do w/ what I have available.I would like to eventualy get them to run out the rear.I will take it to an exhaust shop fot that,best thing is doing it this way is you can change you mufflers/glasspacks --hell the whole exhaust in no time at all and you dont ruin you new mufflers by using crush style clamps,So it goes from 1 3/4 at the manifold to 2 1/4 steel packs(12inch) 2 1/4 pipe for another 3 feet then 45`s and tapers back down to 1 3/4 and exits.hope this can help others who are limited when it come to welding ... And does any one know who made this split manifold?