Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Speedway Motors Legacy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gatz, Jun 30, 2022.

1. gatz

gatz

Thought some would enjoy reading a short article about Speedway Motors Legacy

I met Speedy Bill many years ago when his museum was on Van Dorn street in Lincoln.
    I asked him if he'd mind me looking at the Pedal Cars. He said "sure, go ahead"
    Also, I recall going to the Speedway store on N Street. Things sure have changed over the years.
    If you've not been to the Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed, it's well worth the time to see.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  2. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

It is great! I didn’t want to leave!

Bones

3. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you ever have a chance to visit…..do it

4. no55mad

no55mad

Stopped there 2 weeks ago and the museum is quite amazing. From the 3 floor museum there are windows where you can see in their machine shop. It had many cnc machines; didn't know they made parts there. They also let you partially enter their engine building shop. The parking lot was full of cars from their many employees, Speedway is no small operation. They don't have a store displaying parts for sale; you have to deal with salesman behind a counter that place your order with them. You can see the warehouse storage area which is behind the counter.