Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedway frame any good ?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by slickminnow, Oct 13, 2020.

1. slickminnow

slickminnow

Anyone ever use the speedway 1935 ford frame. I'm basically looking for just the frame rails and center crossmember. I have an original frame for a 1937. It's in very nice shape. And was wondering if I would be better off selling that as a complete running chassis rather than hacking it up to hot rod it. Looking for recommendations or advice. The current frame has the v8-60 in it.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  2. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

@slickminnow you have done what i did yesterday - posted in the wrong section.

3. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi. Just my opinion but likely it is as good as all that Chinese junk frames flooding the market these days. OH, but aren't the speedway frames Chinese?
    Don't know if it is still that way but years ago steel products from China got almost free shipping on cargo ships as ballast and they filled the hull with it to balance the weight of all those containers on deck so the ship could stay upright.
    Going home empty they just filled that part of the hull with water.
    There a few good American made frames and I think one advertises here in the classifies.
    Jimmie