Register now to get rid of these ads!

Speedo Cable?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alwayzarat, Nov 8, 2010.

1. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Where is the cheapest place to pick up a speedo cable for a turbo 350 and a GM speedo? Seems like they are pretty pricey the few places I have come across them. I would have thought a person could find one for well under a $100 bucks, but maybe I am wrong???

2. Swifster

Swifster

New cars haven't used cables in approximately 20 years. If they don't use them, they don't make them. Good idea for a business.

3. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

About $30 on ebay.I just bought one a few weeks ago he has alot of them listed.

4. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

I'm not sure exactly what the TH350 I have came out of? The gauge cluster is 53' pontiac though. I wonder if all the connections are pretty standard? I am assuming length would be the only thing to take note of?

5. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Whats the guys user name?

6. are the threads on the speedo 5/8" ? if so , CA3002 for a 63" long cable and CA3004 for a 83". both are about $12 at O'Reillys

7. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Sweet!!! I will find out what the thread is on the speedo. That is an awesome price!!!!

8. oldolds

oldolds

Most of the GM cables have the same ends. At least until the 70's when the speedo end became push in. I usually go to the pic a part. Look for a cable that turns free and just lube it up. Just watch out for 60's full size Olds, they drove off the front wheel.

9. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Sorry for they late reply his ebay name is "belair2door".

10. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Well I measured the back of the speedo, and the width is right about 1/4 inch to 5/16. Smaller than I thought. The gauge cluster is from a 53' pontiac. I need to go from that speedo to turbo 350. I looked through all the ones they had at the parts store and the opening for the speedo was huge on all those. Thoughts?

11. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

Thanks for the "belair2door" tip. That guy seems to have one that will work for a 53 pontiac and a turbo 350. $20 bucks + $10 shipping. Very reasonable!!!